Is it going to hurt more if Canes win the Cup?

Raelity

I'm thinking it is. Especially if somehow the Canes win the series like 4-0 or 4-1. Cuz them I'm going to know we were less than 20 minutes away from going to these finals where we would have had a good chance to win it too. Consoling myself with "we were second best" isn't going to work too good. Damn those injuries...

Except the odds of Roleson getting injured in a Sabres/Edm series is slim. If the Sabres were playing Roleson doesn't get hurt. It's hard to play the "what if" game. Chances are half the Sabres team would have been injured and lost for the series, at the rate we were going.

PTR

Except the odds of Roleson getting injured in a Sabres/Edm series is slim. If the Sabres were playing Roleson doesn't get hurt. It's hard to play the "what if" game. Chances are half the Sabres team would have been injured and lost for the series, at the rate we were going.

PTR

I agree. I think I read somewhere that, at the very least, McKee would have been a maybe at best for Game 2 and that Teppo, Timmay, and Kalinin would have been out for the entire series. Having said all of this, I am rooting for the Oilers but I will not be devastated if the Canes win. In fact, if they don't win with the injury to Roleson, that itself would be a shocker. I usually pull for the underdog anyway.

Yeah, it'll hurt, though it won't hurt as much as it would have if we made it to the finals and lost to the Oilers.

For any team to lose their starting goalie would prove a major challenge...Edmonton is no different. The argument that Edmonton has a good enough team to cover for their backup goalie doesn't hold very much water either. The Oilers were an 8th place team that only made the playoffs and went on this run because of Rolloson.

I agree that it Buffalo were playing Edmonton, don't count on Roloson getting hurt.

I was very impressed with the Oilers last night and I changed my tune. I think they would have given the Sabres all they can handle. Initially I thought the Sabres would have beaten them in 5 but now I think given our slim blue line would have given up all kinds of chances to the Oilers. They very easily could have beaten us.

Thinking about it today, I'm not so sure if Buffalo was playing Edmonton, I'd WANT Roloson to get hurt.

If we had made it past Carolina in the condition that we were in, I don't think I would have wanted to think that Buffalo didn't beat the best team for the Stanley Cup. It would have felt like we had an asterisk next to our victory. I know people will say, injuries are a part of sports, and the Sabres had more than their fair share this season/postseason, but I would want to know that we legitimately beat all 4 opponents. We didn't receive any breaks like Hurricanes against Philly, Ottawa or Carolina.

I loved Don Cherry's 1st intermission tirade showing how 3 times, Carolina has received a PP from a puck getting flipped over the glass (like it did with Campbell) and all three times the Hurricanes scored on the ensuing PP. Twice, the goal was a game winner.

Regardless, Carolina received the benefit of the Canadians losing thier top forward, playing Buffalo without their top forward and top 4 defensemen and now get to play Edmonton without the goalie who got them into the playoffs and to the cup. What a joke.

Archived