What would this series have been like

wjag

We have been cheated out of an offensive series. I am so sick and tire of talking endlessly about the injury bug. So let's change the subject and talk about what could have been:

We will never know the answer to this, but let's do what fans do and speculate.

I think we would have had several 5-4 games instead of the low scoring affair it turned out to be. I think a wider open style would have benefited both teams. Wouldn't it have been nice to watch that instead of the M*A*S*H unit we watch every night? My guess is there would have been many more odd man rushes.

I hope they win. If not, no one will remember that they only lost due to a ridiculous run of injuries. It's hard enough to remember who lost in the Stanley Cup final, let alone the semi-final.

It makes me puke that Carolina could win this whole thing, and as the years go on, no one will remember, but us Sabres fans, that they had a cake-walk to the finals due to a precedent setting rash of injuries.

Sabre nation needs a miracle tonight. "Off the glass and out" better be the mantra of our young guys today. With the forwards we have, they can win neutral zone battles. Let Carolina forcheck and try to take away the break-out pass, only to find the puck off the glass and out every time.

Archived