The situation is officially rediculous...

The Goat

Alrighty then...

You clearly didn't read the previous post and just want to vent.

Vent away.

The Canes worked for everything they got, I am well aware of that.

If you listened to Brind'Amour's post game comments in which he said something to the affect that "It's a shame that there coach talks so much because it distracts from what a great team the Sabres have."

I was merely reiterating that point - Ruff's talking (or diverting the focus away from his players as many of you call it) did not help his team's cause.

The Goat

It certainly did not hurt it. He got a great effort out of his team and Paetsch and Janik played very well. If you think this loss should be laid at Ruff's feet, again, you just do not get it. before the game all we heard is it's all talk and words don't matter ... now all of a sudden that was the inspiration that put you over the top? And again, why are you worrying about what we have to say 15 minutes after the game?

It certainly did not hurt it. He got a great effort out of his team and Paetsch and Janik played very well. If you think this loss should be laid at Ruff's feet, again, you just do not get it. before the game all we heard is it's all talk and words don't matter ... now all of a sudden that was the inspiration that put you over the top? And again, why are you worrying about what we have to say 15 minutes after the game?

Why? He's not a Canes fan because there is no such thing. The only people in the building tonight were Sabres fans and people that were promised they would see Clay Aiken and Rusty Wallace. ;)

Pipes, one more time because you don't seem to get it, I'll say it nice a clear...

The Canes earned everything they got in this series.

The loss lies at the feet of the players on the ice, not the coach.

My point is this, and it's real simple, so follow me here: all of the pre-game trash talking by Ruff took away from what was a great series. Ruff's endless chirping did not help anything.

If you need further explanation of this point please re-read previous the previous posts, I'm sure you'll get it.

And I'm not worried about what you have to say now, anymore than I was before the game. It's always fun just to chat with the opposing fans.

You guys are great.

The Goat

My point is this, and it's real simple, so follow me here: all of the pre-game trash talking by Ruff took away from what was a great series. Ruff's endless chirping did not help anything.

If you need further explanation of this point please re-read previous the previous posts, I'm sure you'll get it.

And I'm not worried about what you have to say now, anymore than I was before the game. It's always fun just to chat with the opposing fans.

You guys are great.

The Goat

It's not that I don't get it. I just couldn't disagree more. How did it take away from the series? It certainly didn't take away from it for me. If anything, a little banter creates some drama and a better rivalry. If the Devils had beaten the Rangers in Game 7 in 1994 after Messier's guarantee, would Messier's yapping had taken away from that?

Maybe it took away from it for you and the Carolina fans because the focus was not on your team, i don't know. But I want Ruff doing what he thinks he needs to win. The Sabres have not been about getting attention or pats on the back all season. I'm sure they were not hurt that their coach was getting the attention. And I thouroughly enjoyed myself for 2 weeks despite the outcome. Sorry our coach took away from your enjoyment, I'm sure the fact that your boys are still playing will help you get over it.

Archived