I still believe

hopeleslyobvious

Along with the fact that this team doesn't quit, and they always seem to find a way to win, I have another reason why they can win tonight. This is getting borderline scary.

I am not a superstitious guy, but going into overtime of game 1 against Philly, I found a heads up penny in the halls of HSBC Arena. In overtime in the playoffs, everyone is superstitious. I picked it up, and we all know how that game turned out. Before game 2, I found another heads up penny. This trend has continued throughout the playoffs. I have probably found about 10 heads up pennies since the start of the playoffs, and no face down ones. On game days I put them in my pocket, and for the most part they seem to be bringing a lot of luck. I hadn't found one in a while, and I was worried our luck might be running out (See the threads on McKee). Then I got a text message from the soon to be Mrs. Hopeleslyobvious saying she found a heads up penny and she picked it up for me. Coincidence? Maybe, but statistically speaking, half of those pennies should have been heads down.

Let's Go Buffalo!

I still believe because I know the Sabres still believe. For some reason this team has thrived with the odds against them.

Look for MILLER TIME to be pissed off tonight. Look for a big night from all 4 lines. In game 6, the forwards came out rocking and took the pressure off the defense. Look for big goals and big hits. Look for smart hockey. I'll never forget watching the Sabres pull out win after win against Ottawa. Now, it comes down to just one game to send them to the finals.

I still believe.

There are going to be a lot of Sabres fan crying in their beer tonight -- either out of love and admiration for these guys pulling off another win, or from devastation at another ill-fated chapter in Buffalo sports history.

Along with the fact that this team doesn't quit, and they always seem to find a way to win, I have another reason why they can win tonight. This is getting borderline scary.

I am not a superstitious guy, but going into overtime of game 1 against Philly, I found a heads up penny in the halls of HSBC Arena. In overtime in the playoffs, everyone is superstitious. I picked it up, and we all know how that game turned out. Before game 2, I found another heads up penny. This trend has continued throughout the playoffs. I have probably found about 10 heads up pennies since the start of the playoffs, and no face down ones. On game days I put them in my pocket, and for the most part they seem to be bringing a lot of luck. I hadn't found one in a while, and I was worried our luck might be running out (See the threads on McKee). Then I got a text message from the soon to be Mrs. Hopeleslyobvious saying she found a heads up penny and she picked it up for me. Coincidence? Maybe, but statistically speaking, half of those pennies should have been heads down.

Let's Go Buffalo!

There goes that theory. The "lucky" pennies were in my change jar within about a minute of the game ending.

I believe because i bleed buffalo red, white, and blue... Sure, those are the bills colors, but you get my drift. I will always believe, so will all of you, and that's what makes us the best fans in the world. I have always wanted one wish, and that's for the sabres or bills to win the championship, for the cameras to zoom in on an older guy or lady, and watch them cry because they have finally seen a championship. I'm waiting for at least february to see that moment now... it won't come next week, but i know its coming, someday.

It will be interesting to see how and if other teams will try and adapt to the "new NHL". Even if other teams are going to try and emulate the Buffalo blueprint for success in the new game, it make take a while for other teams to assemble the right personnel.

So, while teams are adjusting, I think if we can keep this core together, we have a great shot again next year.

It will be interesting to see how and if other teams will try and adapt to the "new NHL". Even if other teams are going to try and emulate the Buffalo blueprint for success in the new game, it make take a while for other teams to assemble the right personnel.

So, while teams are adjusting, I think if we can keep this core together, we have a great shot again next year.

I agree, I think we have a great shot next year. I am already counting the days until October!

Archived