Win or lose...

deluca67

Win or lose. This has been one of the greatest Sabre seasons of all time.

Melrose gets a lot of heat on these boards but he had a great line yesterday. Something along the lines of you can't measure what the Sabres have accomplished, having 3 of your top 5 blueliners out and forcing a game seven.

Take the top two from the Oilers or Canes and they get swept. You can't question this teams heart at this point. They had every excuse in the book for losing game six. Unlike Philly, the Sens and other teams the Sabres refuse to give in to conventional thought.

Players like Dead Weight complain about bad calls, bad ice and everything else under the sun. The Sabres could have taken one of many excuses and bailed. They refused. That's the difference between the Canes and Sabres. The Sabres are a team who will win or lose as a team. No matter what bad breaks they get. Players like Dead Weight wouldn't even make the Sabres AHL team. The Canes are about to play their biggest game of the year and all Dead Weight can think about is yelling "look at me, look at me".

Good Luck Boys. See ya at the Finals ;)

I watched Melrose last night. I thought that was the most credit he ever gave the Sabres. He said the odds are against them with Carolina being healthy and home, but he gave the Sabres all the credit for an extraordinary season and playoff run. Especially with four starters down.

Archived