Bucky Gleason's column today

PASabreFan

There was a radio blurb years ago I heard on the way to a Bills game, where it was "[insert station name here], home of the bandwagon Bills fan". Then there was an exchange something like this:

Guy1: Oh man, the Bills suck.

Guy2: What are you talking about!? They just won last week.

Guy1: Oh yeah? They're the greatest team ever!!

Reading Gleason's column this morning brought that back from the depths of my memory... as he is Guy1 as a Sabre's fan.

after blasting Bucky in an email...and defending Regier's decisions from his Saturday tirade, this was his response:

"If you were paying attention at all, you would know that I wrote several pieces since January saying the Sabres needed to trade Biron and get a defenseman. It's hardly hindsight. It's been my position for months. Look it up."

Sorry Bucky, no GM counts on three injuries to starting D men...this is the team that got us this far, and I fail to see brendan witt being the missing piece of our puzzle. It could just as easily have been Miller getting injured and Marty being our only hope.

I'm glad that he ate some of his words at least

after blasting Bucky in an email...and defending Regier's decisions from his Saturday tirade, this was his response:

"If you were paying attention at all, you would know that I wrote several pieces since January saying the Sabres needed to trade Biron and get a defenseman. It's hardly hindsight. It's been my position for months. Look it up."

Sorry Bucky, no GM counts on three injuries to starting D men...this is the team that got us this far, and I fail to see brendan witt being the missing piece of our puzzle. It could just as easily have been Miller getting injured and Marty being our only hope.

I'm glad that he ate some of his words at least

I'm glad to see someone else can testify to the needlessly defensive, shrill, and snide tone that Gleason takes when responding to challenges. Here's what he had to say to me when I called him on having first suggested that Miller should have come out after letting in some softies in Philly, only to turn around and praise Miller as the second coming of Patrick Roy:

"In fairness, you should at least get your facts right. I said Ruff should "at least entertain the thought" -- which is a long way from "called for". And believe me, Ruff did entertain the thought. What do you think, I'm guessing? If Miller allowed another softie in Game 5, he was coming out."

Whatever, man -- hope those shin splints you get from jumping on and off the bandwagon continue to trouble you throughout the offseason.

Archived