Cane's Crying

Fallsnative

First I have to say Congrats to these scrappy Sabres for not giving up and fighting all the way!

Now, who do I address first, how about Dougy Weight: Dougy boy, STOP CRYING FOR GOD SAKES! Your a veteran NHLer and your going to bitch about the call??!! You took a cheap shot check and got the call! At least your man enough to admit it. Hell Doug, your team got the call in game five and you didn't see the Sabres crying all night about it.

Coach Peter: You are a hypocrite! Your team has more divers than the USA Olympic team! Stop reaching out for Gary Bettman to make your dreams come true and inspire your boys to step up and support your goalie. Ward kept you in the game for God's sakes. He doesnt stand on his head and you get blown out of the building! You lost, deal with it!

Somebody explain to me how some teams, like Buffalo, will ADMIT when they were beat. However other coaches and players, or teams, cannot it admit they were beat and instead look to blame someone else for thier loss! The amount of crying by the Cane's is getting to the point of ridiculous. The rink will be flooded with their tears on Thursday at this point. Well, at least with all that extra water the ice will be in decent shape.

GO SABRES!

I surfed to OilFans.com message board. Doug Weight is pretty much hated in Edmonton. He took stupid penalties there including one which I believe cost them a playoff serious against Dallas. He rammed a defensmen from behind just like yesterday, only that game was elimination for the Oils.

Doug Weight has accomplished nothing in his NHL career. Nothing worthy of mentioning. Oh sure, he's got points, but he's like Cujo. No nothing on his resume as far as winning anything.

The fact he said he could have broken his own neck had he avoided that check was so laughable. He suggests that Pommy does this on purpose to draw penalties. Yea, I'm sure young Jason (yea that's his name Dougie) would love to end his career with his own broken neck all for a 2 min minor.

I so badly want our team to win without even thinking of side plots, but I so badly want it even more cuz I won't be able to handle watching a clown like Weight and Recchi succeed.

As for the whining. It is ridiculous. Staal falling down got them 2 min pp time. Brindamour didn't look like his face got highsticked, but whatever. The calls Buffalo faced in game 5 were so much more marginal, it doesn't even compare. Shut up and play hockey.

Watch the full interview on tsn

That's not the interview we were talking about. He was interviewed on WGR before that and was a lot more emotional and a lot less balanced. He didn't say anything in the original interview about the refs having a tough job, for example. Instead he said stuff like "if I had tried not to hit him I might have broken my neck" and "the ice was terrible" and blah blah blah. This one was toned down and cleaned up. Either he realized what an ass he sounded like in the first interview or someone told him.

That's not the interview we were talking about. He was interviewed on WGR before that and was a lot more emotional and a lot less balanced. He didn't say anything in the original interview about the refs having a tough job, for example. Instead he said stuff like "if I had tried not to hit him I might have broken my neck" and "the ice was terrible" and blah blah blah. This one was toned down and cleaned up. Either he realized what an ass he sounded like in the first interview or someone told him.

Also, Weight was WAY OFF BASE with his comments on Pominville. Pominville was to the left of the Buffalo net facing the boards looking to his right for a good 5-10 seconds while the play was behind the Buffalo net. Weight came in from Pominville's back and to the left. He never saw him coming. He never turned at the last second. Pure slander. Pominville should sue him.

Archived