Guts or Luck??

wjag

2 times now Lav has successfully pulled his goalie in the middle of a game. Two times the new goalie coming off the bench has shut out the Sabres. Is he genious or is he lucky? I think he has incredible guts to do it and so far it has worked.

Okay let's go with that Goat.. What if the Sabres knock off the Canes tonight by a score of 2-1 or 3-2 or 3-1? Which goalie do you go with on Sunday? I speculate that he has caused himself a bit of a pickle. I think he has demonstrated no confidence in either.

Okay let's go with that Goat.. What if the Sabres knock off the Canes tonight by a score of 2-1 or 3-2 or 3-1? Which goalie do you go with on Sunday? I speculate that he has caused himself a bit of a pickle. I think he has demonstrated no confidence in either.

Jag,

I am as confused by the rotating goalies as you are. I've never seen anything like it.

I would never say that Laviolette has "demonstrated no confidence in either."

I will say that it is a shock tactic that can only be used so many times and that the well is running dry on this particular move.

As a fan you'd prefer that your team go with one goalie throughout a playoff run but until it backfires I really can't argue with it.

The Goat

Well Goat.. I think Game 6 provided the answer. Ward was awesome. No reason short of a 3 goal lead can you change him out. nice to see Miller and Ward have a great game on the same night.

Archived