Best team ever..........the Hurricanes

Rabbit151

What a joke. I am so ticked off that these losers get to go against an AHL defense. I don't think the Sabres played that bad, it just so happens that the Hurricanes chances went in early, ours didn't.

It was making me puke to listen to the CBC and Westwood One announcers talk about how great the Canes were playing. I don't think they did, and I hope the Sabres don't think so either.

Gerber made some huge saves early. The big thing that bothered me was that the Sabres never seemed to play with that "win at all costs" mentality. It was like it was game 45 or game 17 of the regular season, and it didn't really mean that much.

However, after watching 4 games of this series, I am convinced that the Sabres are the better team when healthy. This is what makes me so angry watching this crap. The Sabres are going to lose this series due to injuries and nothing else. Crap >: (

I'm just hoping they'll resign some of these guys, once it's all over, final or no finals. Looks no finals right now, though.

And again, people can say what they will about there not being any defensemen moved at the deadline one would be willing to give up a forward for, but hey - Just maybe there would have been, if Darcy had it as a priority?

I'm not saying they should've picked up a number 3-4 d-man, 6-7 would've been a lot better than nothing, which is what they got.

However, the whole deadline issue is moot, they should've landed one in if the off-season, it's that simple. Nobody in their right minds start a season with only 6 defensemen, and the fact the we don't see why until now, is that the forwards have taken all the injuries this season.

Now it's the D's turn, and it shows.

What a joke. I am so ticked off that these losers get to go against an AHL defense. I don't think the Sabres played that bad, it just so happens that the Hurricanes chances went in early, ours didn't.

It was making me puke to listen to the CBC and Westwood One announcers talk about how great the Canes were playing. I don't think they did, and I hope the Sabres don't think so either.

Gerber made some huge saves early. The big thing that bothered me was that the Sabres never seemed to play with that "win at all costs" mentality. It was like it was game 45 or game 17 of the regular season, and it didn't really mean that much.

However, after watching 4 games of this series, I am convinced that the Sabres are the better team when healthy. This is what makes me so angry watching this crap. The Sabres are going to lose this series due to injuries and nothing else. Crap >: (

OLN is pretty much the same way IMHO. In game 3, it seemed like right after the Sabres went up 4-1, Emmerick was already talking like "If the Hurricanes come back to win." Last night it continued to be all Hurricanes!

OLN is pretty much the same way IMHO. In game 3, it seemed like right after the Sabres went up 4-1, Emmerick was already talking like "If the Hurricanes come back to win." Last night it continued to be all Hurricanes!

I'd have to agree. They are very pro-Hurricanes. The Sabre's dominated that second period and all they could talk about was the one goal Carolina got.

People, <_<

What's everyone's problem? Why all this throwing in the towel talk? We got beat. We didn't get any bounces. We are not as well respected as our opponents. Our injuries are really hurting us. Having 3 of our top five defenders out is a tough blow, but guess what... this series is still tied 2-2! It's all even. We have to win 2 of three now. Does that sound impossible. Not to me... and if your going to quit on a team, don't do it on this one. They've earned more respect than that. It will be tough, but this team has heart and knows how to overcome adversity.

GEAUX SABRES!!!!!!!! :D

I'd have to agree. They are very pro-Hurricanes. The Sabre's dominated that second period and all they could talk about was the one goal Carolina got.

Uhh...I don't know by what measure you think Buffalo dominated the second period. Outshot, outskated and outscored. Buffalo had some fantastic opportunities but the sustained pressure that they showed for long stretches in Games 1 and 3 was not there.

This was a complete effort by Carolina and Buffalo was not able to match it...just as Carolina was unable to match Buffalo for the first two periods of Game 3.

As far as OLN being biased I disagree completely. Every bit of analysis seems to be from a Buffalo perspective and Mr. Emmerick seems to get decidedly more excited when it's a Sabre shooting the puck - perhaps you feel the same way. (I think both sides probably feel that the other gets preferential coverage.)

Regardless of any bias, OLN's coverage is, on the whole, painfully inadequate and awkward. When one considers that this is the NHL's most powerful tool for selling the 'new and improved' league it is enough to make you cringe with embarassment.

The Goat

As far as OLN being biased I disagree completely. Every bit of analysis seems to be from a Buffalo perspective and Mr. Emmerick seems to get decidedly more excited when it's a Sabre shooting the puck - perhaps you feel the same way. (I think both sides probably feel that the other gets preferential coverage.)

Well he gets decidedly more excited when the Sabres shoot the puck because then he can go on and on about the super-dee-duper excellent save that Gerber made... ;)

Regardless of any bias, OLN's coverage is, on the whole, painfully inadequate and awkward. When one considers that this is the NHL's most powerful tool for selling the 'new and improved' league it is enough to make you cringe with embarassment.

The Goat

Agreed there.

Uhh...I don't know by what measure you think Buffalo dominated the second period. Outshot, outskated and outscored. Buffalo had some fantastic opportunities but the sustained pressure that they showed for long stretches in Games 1 and 3 was not there.

If you look at the post before mine it was referring to the second period of game 3, as was I.

People, <_<

What's everyone's problem? Why all this throwing in the towel talk? We got beat. We didn't get any bounces. We are not as well respected as our opponents. Our injuries are really hurting us. Having 3 of our top five defenders out is a tough blow, but guess what... this series is still tied 2-2! It's all even. We have to win 2 of three now. Does that sound impossible. Not to me... and if your going to quit on a team, don't do it on this one. They've earned more respect than that. It will be tough, but this team has heart and knows how to overcome adversity.

GEAUX SABRES!!!!!!!! :D

I will be the last person in the world to give up on this team. Check all my posts from other points during the year when the team wasn't playing great.

Well he gets decidedly more excited when the Sabres shoot the puck because then he can go on and on about the super-dee-duper excellent save that Gerber made... ;)

Agreed there.

Dan,

Very funny post ("super-dee-duper excellent save") :)

Laughing pretty hard here.

The Goat

Archived