Roster for Game 5 in Raleigh!!

SabresForCup

What lineup changes do you think should happen before game 5. I have a feeling that Thomas Vanek will be put back in maybe in place of Pyatt. Hopefully Numminen is ready to go maybe in place of Jillson so that it will return confidence to the forwards. I think the forwards looked a little tense because they were trying to give extra support to the back end. The Sabres should come out with a better effort in Game 5 since they seem to bounce back from sub-par games every time! No time to panic yet!!

I don't understand why they recoiled... Well, I do... It was that freaking first goal that once again deflected... That is when the wheel fell off, IMO, along with the quick second one.

Again... I just don't understand why they are recoiling... I would rather have them over commit in against their man in their own zone... You will see a lot of "cleaner" shots on Miller... Miller will come up big and Carolina will change!

I'm pretty confident that Mair will dress instead of Novotny. I also wouldn't be surprised if Vanek dressed instead of Pyatt. But I think Mair gets in before Vanek.

As for Teppo -- that would be great, but I'm not counting on it.

Bottom line is that whoever dresses has to play with desperation and get great goaltending. Both factors tonight were only decent but not great.

I'm not giving up on this team. There is a lot of hockey left to be played in this series.

Go Sabres.

I really think he's going with 5 Dmen and throwing Mair and Vanek in for Novotny and Jillson/Janek. Novotny is ok, but we need either scoring, or a Kamakazie. I think it's time to put Roy back between Max and Vanek, let Kotalik play with Drury and Grier since Al has played better defensively.....keep Briere's line together, and put Mair-Gustaud-Pyatt together for a bomber line. You use Pominville on PP's and an odd shift at D if needed. Then we have 4 real lines again that are a threat. Roy has been too busy flopping all over, and Max needs some help out there.

You play Mckee until he pukes, and keep playing him some more.

I think you'll see Vanek in for Pyatt. Taylor played well in Game 1 but seems to have disappeared since then. Vanek's up side is much greater at a time when we need a spark.

I also think this is a perfect time for Adam Mair to go back in on the 4th line. His pent up energy is just what the Sabres could use right about now. Thus Novotny sits, which isn't a loss IMO as I haven't seen him do anything special since he's been back in the line up this series.

I doubt they will dress just 5 d-men, isn't Lindy's style. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the 6th d-man sees just limited play instead of a more equal rotation.

I disagree with putting Vanek back in. I've been hearing about his "upside" all through the playoffs and I've yet to see it. Lindy even put him back on his favorite line in game 2 and got nothing. He doesn't hit and honestly sometimes it looks like he's just cruising around the ice. We need a guy willing to do some dirty work in the corners if we want to win this series and I just don't see him doing that.

Anyone think, if they go with Janik and Jillson, again, Lindy will pair them? I didn't think that experiment went particularly well, last night. I noticed Jillson out of position a number of times, and this was one of his big problems in Rochester during the year. He needs a veteran next to him, like McKee.

But, then who do you pair Rory up with?

Archived