Gerber

wjag

I am too lazy to track back through all the threads here, but whoever made the call pre-game yesterday that Gerber would be in the game, my hats off to you. I thought you were nuts. Now I realize you're just a hockey savant.

So tell me o wise one, how do we possibly win without two of our top four D-men? How do the Sabres keep Carolina from running into Campbell, McKee and Lydman all night?

I am too lazy to track back through all the threads here, but whoever made the call pre-game yesterday that Gerber would be in the game, my hats off to you. I thought you were nuts. Now I realize you're just a hockey savant.

So tell me o wise one, how do we possibly win without two of our top four D-men? How do the Sabres keep Carolina from running into Campbell, McKee and Lydman all night?

drury and briere could score about 5 goals between them... that might make the tropical storms back off.

I think it was me that predicted Gerber, but don't give me too much credit, it was a complete accident. I meant to say if we got 30 shots on Ward we would win...I really said if we got 30 shots on Gerber we would win...Err I mean it took 23 less shots than I thought to win! :lol:

Who cares who plays? Gerber or Ward.

Did you guys know, we've played Carolina 7 times this season, and we've scored over 3 goals in each game? Just shows you we can move the puck and know how to play on their defense. Gerber stuggled late in the year and vs. Montreal.... who knows if it wasn't a lucky preformance in Game 3 by him, and going back to Ward, who knows how his head is. We definetly gotta be in his head right now. It's a lose-lose for the Canes IMO.

Who cares who plays? Gerber or Ward.

Did you guys know, we've played Carolina 7 times this season, and we've scored over 3 goals in each game? Just shows you we can move the puck and know how to play on their defense. Gerber stuggled late in the year and vs. Montreal.... who knows if it wasn't a lucky preformance in Game 3 by him, and going back to Ward, who knows how his head is. We definetly gotta be in his head right now. It's a lose-lose for the Canes IMO.

I don't think Gerber really faced enough shots to judge how he looked. He did look nice on the two breakaways, but he wasn't really tested very much for the rest of the game (he faced 7 shots total).

WARNING: Philosophical rant below...

Weather the storm and bring it on. Hurricanes, typhoons, tropical cyclones, or whatever they call them around the globe get weak when THEY MAKE LANDFALL. You just gotta stand 'em up! As odd as it might sound, the "small ones" (Piglet) have the advantage.

It is fitting that for centuries Taoists have been associated

with magic, as Taoism is, on one level or another, a form of

magic, a very practical form, perhaps, but magic all the same.

Here we will briefly describe two secrets of that magic, two

principles of Taoist transformation that may prove useful in the

coming years. The first is Turn the Negative into Positive. The

second is Attract Positive with Positive. Unlike some other

Taoist secrets, there is little danger of these principles falling

into the Wrong Hands; because in the wrong hands, they won't

work. We might add that they work best for Piglets.

Turn the Negative into Positive is a principle well known

in the Taoist martial arts. Using it for self-defense, you turn your

attacker's power to your benefit by deflecting it back at him. In

effect, he swings his fist and hits himself in the face. And after a

while, if he has any intelligence at all, he stops and leaves you

alone. Transforming negative into positive, you work with

whatever comes your way. If others throw bricks at you, build a

house. If they throw tomatoes, start a vegetable stand.

You can often change a situation simply by changing your

attitude toward it. For example, a Traffic Jam can be turned into

an Opportunity to Think, or Converse, or Read or Write a Letter.

When we give up our images of self-importance and our ideas of

what should be, we can help things become what they need to be.

Rah, rah, rah... Go Sabres!

Fly me in today Sabres... I will motivate you guys!!! :D :D

Archived