Unbelievable...Canes Fans blame the Refs

matter2003

Especially in the second period...only 3 or 4 huge saves by Gerber prevented Buffalo from going into the the dressing room up 4 or 5 goals instead of 2...

Both sides have plenty to complain about regarding the officials and really, both teams would probably be right, but the refs don't outhustle teams to loose pucks, they don't outhit them, they don't outskate them, they don't outwork them, and they don't score goals.

The Bottom Line is that we dominated the second period tonite, much like we did in game 1, which led to the victory. Not the refs calls or non-calls.

We shouldn't be using the refs as an excuse in game 2, and they shouldn't be using the refs as an excuse in game 3. When I was playing sports growing up, our coach used to tell us if we spent less time complaining about the refs and more time trying to play better, we wouldn't be in the situation to begin with.

As they say at work:

No excuses, just results,

I think the officiating wasn't horrible...it's just been completely inconsistent this postseason. Like it's been said before, no one has a problem with the refs calling everything, but be consistent.

I didn't have too much of a problem with the lack of penalties in the 3rd...I certainly didn't see any flagrant calls that were missed...perhaps some ticky-tack stuff along the boards.

Archived