Fickle 'Cane Fans Hurt Own Players

ExiledInIllinois

I mentioned it twice before... In its own thread at TSW (OTW)... It really got no reaction or was debunked, so I will try a separate thread to see what people think.

It has been mentioned that NHL playoff bonuses to the players is contingent on gate receipts at the playoff games... That leaves the interesting prospect that Sabre fans attending the games in Raleigh, NC are actually helping their opponent's players earn a bigger playoff bonus... Because of the poor turnout and reluctantcy for the Carolina Hurricanes to sellout their Eastern Conference Finals game in Raleigh, Sabre fans whose games in Buffalo have sold out in 12 minutes are flocking by the thousands to attend the ECF's in Raleigh.

A big warm thank you from all the 'Cane players, fans, and management is in order to all the loyal Sabre fans attending the games in beautiful North Carolina!

Thank you... With out the Buffalo Sabres laying down in game 2, to force a game 5 in Raleigh and your loyal fans we couldn't make it all possible... And the extra money/bonus is sure nice!

Clap! Clap!

:D :D

If i were a canes player, coach or management, i'd be embarrassed...

Win or lose this series, I am very proud to be a Sabres' fan! I am proud of the season that our players gave us and the support of loyal Sabre fans attending the games. I am proud of our "new" management and the Sabres' organization.

Being in Illinois, I so wish I could attend ANY Sabres game possible... It just can't be this year... In a perfect world all fiscally able Sabre fans should be able to sellout the games in North Carolina... Even not attending it would be nice to leave "will call" tickets to any Sabre fan wishing to attend the game... What a nice gesture to ALL the Buffalo and Carolina players for treating their fans to magical playoff runs and some great hockey!

Can we get this painted north of the blue-line?

I cannot believe my wife & I were able to get tix last night for Sunday's Game 5...and it was *only* about $160 for the 2 300-level seats. Guess Carolina needs a little longer than 12 minutes to sell out their arena... :)

I'm a little disapointed with our management, only because I can't swing the cost for season tickets next year and after paying for 4 games in the first 2 rounds at full price, I am spending this round watching this series on TV instead of the arena, but its more of a personal thing between me and the management

(I also refuse to pay scalpers prices or more then the ticket window value of a season ticket holder, who payed the discounted ticket price, for a ticket)

I mentioned it twice before... In its own thread at TSW (OTW)... It really got no reaction or was debunked, so I will try a separate thread to see what people think.

It has been mentioned that NHL playoff bonuses to the players is contingent on gate receipts at the playoff games... That leaves the interesting prospect that Sabre fans attending the games in Raleigh, NC are actually helping their opponent's players earn a bigger playoff bonus... Because of the poor turnout and reluctantcy for the Carolina Hurricanes to sellout their Eastern Conference Finals game in Raleigh, Sabre fans whose games in Buffalo have sold out in 12 minutes are flocking by the thousands to attend the ECF's in Raleigh.

A big warm thank you from all the 'Cane players, fans, and management is in order to all the loyal Sabre fans attending the games in beautiful North Carolina!

Thank you... With out the Buffalo Sabres laying down in game 2, to force a game 5 in Raleigh and your loyal fans we couldn't make it all possible... And the extra money/bonus is sure nice!

Clap! Clap!

:D :D

Doesn't the gate receipts get pooled among all the teams? So Sabres fans attending in Raleigh are helping Sabres players as well as Canes players (and Oilers and Ducks for that matter.)

Doesn't the gate receipts get pooled among all the teams? So Sabres fans attending in Raleigh are helping Sabres players as well as Canes players (and Oilers and Ducks for that matter.)

I don't know?

Anyway you look at it, Sabre fans are adding some extra cash that some certain deadbeats wouldn't...

Everybody else is selling out... Wasn't it great to see the crowd in EDM (Rexall Place) last night... That looked like one hell of a place with the pompoms going!

86 the glass tumblers (after the game) and give out pompoms to the crowd and RBC and that place would look like it had the mange! :lol: :lol:

If that doesn't look favorable to the league, I don't know what will... Of course I am joking!

We will probably get 6 "diving" calls tonight...

<_< <_<

Archived