OLN's Stanley Cup Commercials

Taro T

Has anybody else noticed that the Sabres are still not depicted in the "loser" montage? There have been Sabres in the cool ones by Mandel, Leary, and Sutherland, but I haven't seen a Sabre in the Lance Armstrong "Fear" one in any of the rounds.

I've been wondering if the guy putting together the montages is from Buffalo or if OLN is subtly trying to suggest they think Buffalo isn't going to be "2nd best".

Either way, it's kind of cool that they haven't put the Sabres in that one, but Ryan, Danny, and Mike have been in most of the other ones.

I also like seeing them still running with the "Cream of Umberger" hit in their general NHL commercials.

I've been digging having OLN...it was great to finally get it on the basic cable package. I thought that their postgame coverage was very admirable, and they've actually had some hockey related programming on as well.

Also, if you're looking for a good place for Sabres highlights, check out MSG's Sportsdesk. I hated the show throughout the regular season, mainly because all they talk about (and rightly so) were NYC/NJ teams. However, with all those boys done (including the Knicks and Nets), they're giving quite a bit of coverage to the Sabres. Tuesday morning (a rebroadcast from Monday night) they showed extensive highlights - every goal, some penalties and some nice saves too, WAY more than ESPN, had some analysis of it, showed some postgame press conference clips and then brought in Rayzor and Sylvester for some analysis. Kudos to MSG!

Archived