Lindy Put it Best

Ok, here's the answer. Bring back the old, immovable nets. Only the truly psychotic players crashed those nets. There were issues with injuries for players sliding into the net, but now there are issues with guys crashing the net, hurting goalies and so on. And especially with guys 'accidentally on purpose' pushing the net off in a scramble. That penalty almost never gets called.

Remember this, the players have another immovable obstacle they deal with every game - the boards! I think they can avoid an immovable net.

i was at the game where gary mcadam went flying like a missile headfirst into the crossbar (with no helmet, i think...this was about 1980)vs. philly, and i am not sure how he survived, but every time i think of that i thank goodness the nhl went to the goals that move.

i was at the game where gary mcadam went flying like a missile headfirst into the crossbar (with no helmet, i think...this was about 1980)vs. philly, and i am not sure how he survived, but every time i think of that i thank goodness the nhl went to the goals that move.

Amen, brother. Perrault also lost ca. 25 games one season when he slid into a goalpost and broke his ribs. No sensible person would want to go back to fixed goals.

I don't think that it could have been an awarded goal. For that to happen, Wesley would have had to just push the net off intentionally. Before he knocked the net off with his body, he swiped the puck away from danger.

I do believe, however, that it should have been a delay of game penalty, because knocking the net off its moorings took more scoring chances away from Buffalo by stopping the play. Who knows what would've happened on the rest of that play; it looked like a mad scramble.

Grier noticed it, too - he went right to the ref to complain about that (to no avail, of course!).

I thought of this last night, but didn't get a chance to post it. I am not arguing it was a goal, but did anyone else notice that OLN did not use the overhead goal cam? I believe I read in THN, and in one of Dave's posts earlier that if the network doesn't use that camera, Toronto doesn't get that feed in the war room. One call was already messed up this year because of not using that camera. I would hate to see them mess up one this late in the playoffs.

After Briere was getting raped after the whistle, I was so freaking mad! And then at the drop of the puck we got a hooking penalty. At that point I did something I never did in my whole life and that was to put a hole in the wall. I hope I never get that mad again in my life. :(

I hear you man, i was lucky my girlfriend was over by that time or else i am sure i would have had that same type of reaction, they call that obvious crap against us, like the kotalik hook but the briere's helmet swinging and wesley clear dislodge of the net i guess were just to obvious that the refs forgot what a penalty is for the home team. All i know is that the men in black and white better wear their armoured gear if they are going to call another game like that in buffalo.

If carolina tries even one little jab after the wistle sabre players better get on the canes and show them who has the fire back on their side, The intensity from the sabres will return caz their fans will be behind them 100% and should give the sabres much needed tenacity in the corners and allow us to win all the small battles that lead to the goals. Prediction: - Fan's energy leads to huge home ice advantage- Ohhh, and all we can do is just hope the refs call a fair game. If them bastards are going to call the 'little things' just be consistant...thats all i ask. Go Sabres!!

Archived