Any thoughts on t-blades?

SDS

I know some guys that have them, and they like them. It depends on how much you skate, and how sharp you like your blades. If you end up replacing blades every 2 weeks, then it won't be a money saver.

You're just getting back in to hockey, aren't you? Why not just stick with the regular blades and get them sharpened to a 3/8" radius vice the standard 1/2". They'll be nice and sharp, and stay that way a little longer.

The TBlades appeal to me because I can't always get the same quality sharpening, and I really notice it when it's not right. The TBlades are known for a more consistent edge. Then again, I skate almost every day during the season, and 3-4 days a week during the off season. I ref and play.

The TBlades are very very noisy, like a crunching sound with every stride. You won't be sneaking up on anyone SDS.

For the record, I don't have TBlades, but I've considered them. Just haven't pulled the trigger.

I find them hideous to look at and they make an ungodly sound as they cut ice. One kid on my team of bantam age players had them on his last pair of skates and decided against when he needed a new pair. Not that many shops carry them any longer. Seems like they are on the way out. Noticed that Jochen Hecht uses them.

www.modsquadhockey.com is a fun board loaded with opinions on equipment, training, and everything else hockey.

I know some guys that have them, and they like them. It depends on how much you skate, and how sharp you like your blades. If you end up replacing blades every 2 weeks, then it won't be a money saver.

You're just getting back in to hockey, aren't you? Why not just stick with the regular blades and get them sharpened to a 3/8" radius vice the standard 1/2". They'll be nice and sharp, and stay that way a little longer.

The TBlades appeal to me because I can't always get the same quality sharpening, and I really notice it when it's not right. The TBlades are known for a more consistent edge. Then again, I skate almost every day during the season, and 3-4 days a week during the off season. I ref and play.

The TBlades are very very noisy, like a crunching sound with every stride. You won't be sneaking up on anyone SDS.

For the record, I don't have TBlades, but I've considered them. Just haven't pulled the trigger.

actually, it is not that I am considerng t-blades, it's just that they are on a skate that I am considering (Salmings), so I wanted to know a little more about the blade. I'm more concerned with the fit of my boot than the blade.

Archived