Officiating

Corp000085

the officiating was very much slanted towards ottawa. whether it was calling marginal penalties on the sabres, or not calling marginal penalties on the sens, we seemed to get the shaft. I'm not whining here, but if the series would have been determined because of officiating, i'd be very pissed. While the calls that were made or missed were marginal at best, it was as if the refs had put away the whistle. Another thing i noticed, especially thursday and last night, was the face that the refs made when calling a penalty.. sorta like the smolinksy face after that game 1 goal. One more thing i noticed was that a lot of sabres got thrown out of the faceoff circle than did the senators. A few were legit, but most were due to someone raising an eyebrow. I am fairly confident that lindy ruff will make a call to the league offices.

I'm dreading the fact that there's still another canadian team for the sabres to get past (the oilers). there's definitely something to be made of the canadian bias in officiating in the NHL. Oh well, we just killed off the #1 seed in the east. There's nothing to be gained by the sabres, canes, or devils advancing to the finals, so the eastern conference finals should be evenly officiated.

Archived