Who will be cut/traded next season?

notwoz

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

and a goalie to pair with UPL. Levi's been great lately in Rochester but still keep him in Rochester until he proves he can be above average in the NHL. 

How can he prove he can be above average in the NHL while he’s playing in the AHL?

If it’s by being an elite goalie in the AHL, looks like he’s already there.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He's already above average in the NHL. 

His career NHL stats: 10/8/2 3.06, .901.

5 of 6 start starts this calendar year have been .925 or better.

He’s 15/6/3 with a .927 on a Rochester team where the other 2 goalies put up an .891 and an .890.

Kid had a rough start and his playoff will probably be a better indication of whether he can be a Swayman to UPL’s Ullmark, but his talent remains every bit as good as we thought it was.

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I disagree, Levi was maddingly inconsistent this past season.  I get his team mates did him no favors at times but still think expecting a guy two years out of college is NHL ready especially a goalie. 

Would you trade Owen Power?

I would trade anyone for the right return.

But defencemen who have put up the kind of numbers Power has before turning 22 are rare.

The team just signed up for 7 more years 7 months ago. It was like the 4th biggest commitment in Sabres history.

Do you really think they’d be considering trading him already?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

How can he prove he can be above average in the NHL while he’s playing in the AHL?

If it’s by being an elite goalie in the AHL, looks like he’s already there.

He’s career NHL stats: 10/8/2 3.06, .901.

5 of 6 start starts this calendar year have been .925 or better.

He’s 15/6/3 with a .927 on a Rochester team where the other 2 goalies put up an .891 and an .890.

Kid had a rough start and his playoff will probably be a better indication of whether he can be a Swayman to UPL’s Ullmark, but his talent remains every bit as good as we thought it was.

I would trade anyone for the right return.

But defencemen who have put up the kind of numbers Power has before turning 22 are rare.

The team just signed up for 7 more years 7 months ago. It was like the 4th biggest commitment in Sabres history.

Do you really think they’d be considering trading him already?

I'm just saying trading him be a major shakeup. I'm on the fence to be honest.

On 4/19/2024 at 9:05 AM, LGR4GM said:

Bring in via trade or UFA, 4 new forwards and 2 new defenders. 

Like your adds… 

Keeping Krebs… He is young, has high compete, and will find a role with Ruff… Will be shocked if he’s moved…