44-17 doesn't tell the story.

Rabbit151

That's the way teams used to try to beat the Sabres in the Hasek days. They'd throw pucks at the net from everywhere and hope for juicy rebounds or bizarre deflections. More often that not, it doesn't work, especially when 3,4 and sometimes 5 guys have collapsed to the slot along with one or two Sens. The puck just doesn't get to a quality scoring area.

I say the genuine scoring chances were close to even. I don't remember seeing more than one or two odd-man rushes for the Sens, including Spezza's break.

The Sabres are more content looking for the play they want in the offensive zone, they like puck-posession. I really didn't see the Sens as outplaying the Sabres all that much...it's hard to judge since the Sabres went into defensive mode for the last half of the game.

The important thing is that no-one is respecting the Sabres yet. That's good. In post-game interviews the Sens coaches and players hang their hats on the shot totals and feel they are widely outplaying the Sabres.

That's like being at the bar and being happy you got a girls number. What good does that do you the next day when she's sobered up and wants nothing to do with you? When the opportunity presents itself, you take it. I'd rather win the hockey game and take home the girl, than tell everybody how many shots on net I had and how may phone numbers I got!!!!

That's like being at the bar and being happy you got a girls number. What good does that do you the next day when she's sobered up and wants nothing to do with you?

I guess maybe I should be a Senators fan then... :lol:

I say the genuine scoring chances were close to even. I don't remember seeing more than one or two odd-man rushes for the Sens, including Spezza's break.

I think that is right. The Sabres often get outshot , and lead in puck possession. I am not saying that happened last night. But instead of peppering Emery, they wanted to get him moving. He has a lovely

knack for floating out of position for no reason at all.

yea it was pretty even... the sens defiantly seemed a little faster... not much but maybe because they were desperate near the end... but regardless miller put on a show and i bet a good portion of those shots weren't of any quality

I'm bored at work today so I thought I'd look up the stats on shots for the regular season. Overall Buffalo outshot it's opponents in 45 games, got outshot in 33, and 4 were tied. Their record in games when they outshot their opponents was 31-14, when they were outshot it was 19-14, and when tied it was 2-2.

Here is the source for the info: http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/schedule?team=buf

I'm bored at work today so I thought I'd look up the stats on shots for the regular season. Overall Buffalo outshot it's opponents in 45 games, got outshot in 33, and 4 were tied. Their record in games when they outshot their opponents was 31-14, when they were outshot it was 19-14, and when tied it was 2-2.

Here is the source for the info: http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/schedule?team=buf

Good stuff.

Archived