An extra day to think about this game.

deluca67

I'm sure the Sens are going to hate to have to hear about last nights game for an extra day. Thanks Dora :lol:

All the pressure is on the Sens right now. The Sabres didn't play well yet was still able to get the 'W'. The confidence level has to be through the roof.

I expect the Sabres to play a much more controlled business like road game on Monday. They have made a habit of taking advantage of chances. They have a great chance to go up 2 and I think they will.

I'm sure the Sens are going to hate to have to hear about last nights game for an extra day. Thanks Dora :lol:

All the pressure is on the Sens right now. The Sabres didn't play well yet was still able to get the 'W'. The confidence level has to be through the roof.

I expect the Sabres to play a much more controlled business like road game on Monday. They have made a habit of taking advantage of chances. They have a great chance to go up 2 and I think they will.

I agree on all of this and would LOVE to go up 2-0. I'm just getting panicky flashbacks to the '99 finals, when we had the same chance -- we won Game 1 in dallas and didn't play quite as aggressively as we needed to in game 2 (just my recollection), even though it was there for the taking, and the rest was unhappy history.

However, this team is made of stronger stuff, and ottawa doesn't seem like they're as mentally tough as dallas in '99 -- so I think we have a very good shot monday night.

I can't wait.

I agree on all of this and would LOVE to go up 2-0. I'm just getting panicky flashbacks to the '99 finals, when we had the same chance -- we won Game 1 in dallas and didn't play quite as aggressively as we needed to in game 2 (just my recollection), even though it was there for the taking, and the rest was unhappy history.

However, this team is made of stronger stuff, and ottawa doesn't seem like they're as mentally tough as dallas in '99 -- so I think we have a very good shot monday night.

I can't wait.

If this series could be considered a boxing match. The Sabres and Sens exchanged punches through a furious first round and both teams learned something. The Sens learned that the Sabres are legit and are in for a fight and the Sabres learned that the Sens are human (Redden a -4) and make mistakes. I think there are going to be a lot of surprised people when this thing is over. ;)

I think if theres anything the sabres learned about the sens, it was a little more respect. They knew they could beat them before the series started, but the senators controlled most of the play. We won because they got sloppy and we capitalized just about every opportunity we had. I think if we take anything out of this game it has to be to make fewer turnovers (especially on the rush) and backcheck harder.

I've been thinking...about the game...like all day. And when you watch Tim Connolly deek out a defenseman like Wade Redden and you see so many "mistakes" by both sides, you have to wonder if this game was really an aberration. Of course no one can expect 7-6 games everytime but isn't that what good teams do? They force the other team into mistakes and there is really nothing the other team can do about it. Could it be that these teams have met their matches? I know they're talking about tightening up, which of course would limit some of these 2 on 1 rushes and such but if you're good, you're good and you're going to get your chances either way.

So the goalies better buckle up because like Corp so astutely posted yesterday....

"If you're being chased by a shark, you don't have to outswim the shark, you just have to outswim your friend."

By far the best quote I've heard in a while.

Archived