Is Lindy superstitious?

PASabreFan

Flashback to 1999: On the day of Game 1, while the Senators practiced, the Sabres took a walk on the dried-up Rideau Canal. I wonder what Lindy has planned for today.

I remember well that in the days leading up the series, the Senators went on a retreat outside of Ottawa, even holding practices at undisclosed locations. It was so obvious to me that the Sabres were going to win that series, as loose as they seemed to be and as tight as Ottawa clearly was.

We can hope a repeat, right?

Flashback to 1999: On the day of Game 1, while the Senators practiced, the Sabres took a walk on the dried-up Rideau Canal. I wonder what Lindy has planned for today.

I remember well that in the days leading up the series, the Senators went on a retreat outside of Ottawa, even holding practices at undisclosed locations. It was so obvious to me that the Sabres were going to win that series, as loose as they seemed to be and as tight as Ottawa clearly was.

We can hope a repeat, right?

I also helped that Hasek stood on his head in games 1, 2 and 3. By game 4 he'd gotten so far into their heads, they didn't even bother to show up :)

Can't recall how many times the "great" Alexei Yashin was robbed completely blind, but it sure was more than a few.

Curiously enough - was it game 1 or 2 where Satan scored the OT winner? Just struck me how out of character that goal was for him.

Satan got the winner in Game 2 OT. It seemed in character -- tapping one into an empty net. But out of character, yes -- a big goal in a big game.

I seem to recall Game 4 was the toughest in the series for Buffalo to win. Ottawa kept coming back and coming back. They peppered Hasek in that game as well, I think.

Dom was the first star of that series, by a country mile. But his teammates did score three goals a game, a lot in the "old NHL." It was more of a team win than many want to recall. Mike Peca, Dixon Ward, Vaclav Varada and others had a lot to do with shutting down Mr. Yashin as well.

Archived