Scalper prices

Hawk

Didnt a new scalping law go into effect this year, that makes it legal for scalpers to sell, but only 15% higher than the original price? Anyone know of the particulars of this law? Such as distance they have to stay from the arena.

Didnt a new scalping law go into effect this year, that makes it legal for scalpers to sell, but only 15% higher than the original price? Anyone know of the particulars of this law? Such as distance they have to stay from the arena.

So you have a couple of extra tickets to sell I see, J/K

Never heard of the 15% rule, but the back of the tickets sometimes say what the distance away from the venue is supposed to be.

I know on Ebay there is a rule that states for tickets, you cannot sell them for more then face value of the ticket, or something like that

But you can throw in a really crappy t-shirt for $50.

I think when the Bills were in their Superbowl run there was an add that ran in the Buffalo News that read:

1978 Chevy

Does not run, old tires, rust,

needs new transmission, and

windsheild. $1500

Pair of superbowl tickets inside.

I think when the Bills were in their Superbowl run there was an add that ran in the Buffalo News that read:

1978 Chevy

Does not run, old tires, rust,

needs new transmission, and

windsheild. $1500

Pair of superbowl tickets inside.

That is a way to get around scalping, have some junk for sale and say you are going to give the real item for sale away to whomever bids the highest on the junk item. Cause technically they bought the piece of junk for that high, you gave them the tickets as a gift

BTW, how did the sale go on your car? LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about the distance, but the markup is 45%

"Governor George Pataki has now signed an updated anti-scalping law that is reportedly something of a compromise. Scalpers will be able to sell tickets for shows at venues with 6,000 or more seats at up to 45 percent above a ticket's face value, which is an increase from the previous cap of 20 percent. But that 45 percent will now include all ?handling" and other fees that ticket sellers charged to get around the previous, 20 percent cap."

http://www.gothamgazette.com/article//20050623/1/1456

Archived