Settling Down and Recharging

PTS

I needed a few hours of sleep time to collect my thoughts after tonight's disappointment.

1. Philadelphia got lucky Wednesday and we gave them the game Friday. This series should have been over BUT it's not. Tough luck. We've got to forget about the past and realize we just need to win two of three.

2. Ryan Miller has let in two bad goals in four games. That's pretty good BUT the only problem is those two goals where both momentum killers.

3. I am extremely nervous because I don't think we've seen Philly's best game yet, however, I don't think Buffalo is anywhere near its best game. I think Philly can sneak out one more game and make this way too close for our comfort. You never know what can happen in a Game Seven situation.

4. We need to pressure Forsberg. Period. He's a great player, but he's playing hurt. He has given up the puck a lot in this series when he has been pressured and not allowed to skate free.

5. Sunday is a must win. If we lose, we'll probably lose the series. However, I think our fans will carry out team to victory.

6. Finally, where the hell are our forwards? Kotalik, Connolly, and Grier are playing well but everyone else is no where near where they should be. We've missed too many golden chances to the point that this series should have been over. Are we intimated playing in Philly?

I worry about relying on home ice and the fans. What a perfect time for Philly to play a road game. This series is sitting on a platter for them now. Sorry, I hate to say that, but that's the feeling I get. The pressure is squarely on Buffalo on Sunday, and they haven't dealt with pressure well the last two games.

As for Forsberg, didn't we press him on the Desjardins goal? He made us look foolish. Honestly, I don't think we have an answer for him. I don't see a Mike Peca in his prime in a Buffalo jersey, and even that would not be enough. Forsberg is no Yashin or Sundin.

On a final note, isn't it time to respect Ken Hitchcock, Peter Forsberg and the Flyers? "They got lucky" and "we gave them the game" and "God I hate Philly" is getting very old, very quickly.

I respect Hitchcock, but how many breakaways did we miss? If we convert 1/5 of our golden opportunities over the past two games, were looking at sweep or 3-1 at the least right now.

That being said, I don't think we've seen the Flyers best game yet which could turn out to haunt is if we don't show up again for 60 minutes.

I agree. I think if we lose Game 5 at home we are going to be in big trouble. I haven't been able to watch the games but I"ve listened on radio. It sounds like they are not converting on their chances and they can't handle Forberg no matter who they put out there. Well, I'm trying to keep positive...but those Buffalo clouds of doom seem to be rolling in.

Archived