GAMES THREAD (4/27/06)

Corp000085

senators at lightning--7:00, DTV channel 608

Red Wings at Oilers--9:30, DTV channel 608

flames at mighty ducks--10:00, DTVci channel 764

predators at sharks--10:30, DTVci channel 765

Right now its 1-1 in tampa. spezza for the sens got an early goal but the lightning just scored a goal that could have been called interference. emery seems like he's a robert esche clone. really good, but really ready to snap at any moment.

Playoff time really knows how to render someone useless. I'm in the stretch drive of a semester and I can't concentrate long enough to get any real work done. Maybe because I don't want to and I'm sick of school but also because there are 4 games tonight and I'm a hopeless addict. If you tried to get me clean from all this, I'd be a rehab center kinda person forever. I mean, I had everything growing up, good parents, nice friends, outgoing, intelligent, bonita, but somewhere along the line, none of that mattered. We don't choose our obsessions, they choose us. And some don't let go. Not in high school and not in college and probably not ever. So now I sit here, not doing homework but instead, a sudoku puzzle. Waiting for the day to fly by so tomorrow can come. My dude went back to europe this week, perhaps fleeing disgrace as a maple leafs fan, or just visiting family, it doesn't matter.

Tampa looks good tonight.

well, so much for that. i went to fill up my water and ottawa scores 2 goals.

monkeygirl: I bombed out of my first college as a direct result of the 1999 playoffs. However, Mount Union College was not the same after i got through with it!

seriously, i had straight A's in everything till mebbe march. ill be lucky if i can stay in the honors program now. last night i had a ten page paper to write for the following morning and refused to even think about it until the last second of the game was over - and even then i listened to the postgame.

thank god college ends in may. if we make it to the cup in june, i'll be so distracted i might not bathe.

j

holy hell, detroit is losing AGAIN. If Edmonton wins this series my head will explode.

and go ducks! calgary anaheim is a great series.

It's crap, detroit had the last 8 of 11 power plays in the game I think. And they had that 5 on 3 to score the go ahead goal when there could have been a penalty right before the goal on shanahan I think who set up a subtle pick on the oiler dman, but them guys know all the tricks.

And when detroit collapses, you can't get anything to hit the next except if its deflected there by some chance. Someone definitely needs to knock them out....and Colorado.

Sleep is not overrated. I'll probably wake up tomorrow at 6pm.

It's crap, detroit had the last 8 of 11 power plays in the game I think. And they had that 5 on 3 to score the go ahead goal when there could have been a penalty right before the goal on shanahan I think who set up a subtle pick on the oiler dman, but them guys know all the tricks.

That wasn't a "subtle" pick... it was as blatant as can be. Should have been called.

For those that think only the Sabres get hosed on calls, check out that play. Edmonton got "butt" end of that one.

Archived