Uemberger out

sabre31_98

Good God, how could he NOT be out? He was putting a good game face on in the interviews today but, crap, he has a long career in front of him. Concussions are tricky injuries but you gotta give it at least a little time even if it is the playoffs. He was looking at those lights like he had never seen them before.

The guy was knocked into next year. I only just saw the hit today (was limited to listening to the game on the radio on Sat.). I've been showing them to people here at work and everyone reacts with the same exclamation- holly s---t! Just brutal. Awesome- and, just as well, I am glad that he seems ok. He just needs some time to recover.

I can't wait for tonight's game!!!!!

Flyers forward R.J. Umberger is out for tonight. Head coach Ken Hitchcock told TSN that he "failed his baseline test and thus was not cleared by the doctors." Branko Radivojevic is expected to take his spot, and Ben Eager expected to be inserted into the lineup in place of Donald Brashear. Forward Ben Eager will take the place of Donald Brashear on the line with Mike Richards and Brian Savage.
from tsn.

Brashear out it a surprise. Doesn't look like Philly is planning to retaliate.

Eh? This is the only such thread to show up in my search.

Actually I believe it was at Flyersphans.com

My bad, I should have realized that Sabre fans are much more creative. The flyer site is truly a fine collection of neanderthals.

Archived