Philly Phan thinks they are gonna win...

icedog

Considering that would be the only way the Flyers can pull off the upset, it isn't too surprising for a deluded Phlyer fan to believe that.

He's wrong of course. But hey, when you have a perfect storm of speed, goaltending, and rules enforcement heading at you, you grasp whatever shred of timber is left in the water.

Forsberg is pretty scary. He is unbelievably good. Barry Melrose (I know, blah, blah,blah) picked Philly if Forsberg can play. If not, he picks Buffalo. Is it that Forsberg is so good, or is Buffalo still not getting quite the respect they deserve? I feel like if our four lines continue playing like they have, there is only so much Forsberg can do. Besides their first line, which is awesome, I don't think any of their other lines can skate with us.

If Buffalo plays their game I don't care who is not in the lineup. A healthy Forsberg shrinks the Sabres margin of error but not enough to win a series.

That said. Philly is a very good team who won a bunch of games also this year. They have some players and Mike Knuble has been a Sabre killer. They are a team that should be respected but not feared. I expect the Sabres to go out and play there game. If they get caught up in the moment? It could hurt.

Archived