If the Canucks had started Noronen the past 3 weeks????

rickshaw

I live in BC and am a Sabre fan first and foremost, Canucks a close second (Sabres for the Cup all the way)

The Canucks have gone with Auld the whole time, except for a lone Noronen start when he arrived. He was rusty and didn't play great, but he has looked very good in 2 relief appearances.

I firmly believe Noronen can play and is a better tender than Auld. I think Vancouver would be home and dry right now if Mika were given a few games to get the rust off. Now the Canucks can't play him as there are only 2 games left.

I'd still go with Mika over Auld, but who am I? Sadly for Canucks fans, I believe they will miss the dance. Had Mika played, well............

thoughts?

I live in BC and am a Sabre fan first and foremost, Canucks a close second (Sabres for the Cup all the way)

The Canucks have gone with Auld the whole time, except for a lone Noronen start when he arrived. He was rusty and didn't play great, but he has looked very good in 2 relief appearances.

I firmly believe Noronen can play and is a better tender than Auld. I think Vancouver would be home and dry right now if Mika were given a few games to get the rust off. Now the Canucks can't play him as there are only 2 games left.

I'd still go with Mika over Auld, but who am I? Sadly for Canucks fans, I believe they will miss the dance. Had Mika played, well............

thoughts?

Mika didn't play great in his one start, but his team didn't exactly support him either. Nearly halfway through the game he was down 1-0, with the lone goal against being shorthanded.

I still think that long term Mika has a ton of upside, but I can see where his play in his one start didn't inspire confidence in Crawford that Mika could get the job done. If the race weren't so tight for Vancouver, I think Mika would have gotten an additional start and could very well have shown what he could do.

Mika, like most inexperienced goalies, is highly inconsistent. a terrible game and a phenomenal game are a hairsbreadth away for him. give him some more games, he might settle into a groove. but surely, even a couple bad games by mika dont mean that hes not a good goalie. let him prove it in training camp next year, he can be a starter over auld.

j

Archived