I think the boys are back on track

envirojeff

I hate to be so negative, but I think you're being premature. They seem to be getting their legs back, and the magic is definitely coming back... and maybe that's all you need... but I still see way too many defensive breakdowns, and except for Ryan's performance in Ottawa, the goaltending has been just so-so. If they can cut the turnovers to a reasonable amount and if they can get very good goaltending from Miller/Biron/Corsi/Crozier, this team can go far. If not, they look like one-and-doners. (Now we can debate what "one and done" means again.)

One series and done. If they face Brodeur. But, even if against Philly, what if Esche has something to prove against Miller. We may not even beat Philly. Actually, I think we can only beat The Leafs in a 7 game series which is why it's so disappointing that they won't make it.

One series and done. If they face Brodeur. But, even if against Philly, what if Esche has something to prove against Miller. We may not even beat Philly. Actually, I think we can only beat The Leafs in a 7 game series which is why it's so disappointing that they won't make it.

What makes you so sure they will lose to the Devils? Since the first meeting of the season, the Sabres have not played the Devils with a full lineup (or even just Briere for that matter). Brodeur has been playing well as of late, but he has shown a lot of signs of inconsistency this year. While the Devils have been playing great lately, I think you are giving them too much credit. They are due to come back down to earth just in time for the playoffs.

The key to a series against the Devils is to score first. If the Sabres can do that, the Devils are going to be forced to try and skate with them, which they can't do.

I think you are giving Brodeur a little too much credit as well. He is getting older, he played during the Olympic Break, and he has played too many games down the stretch to get his team into the playoffs, and he doesn't have the defense in front of him that he used to have. It is very likely that he is going to run out of gas in the playoffs.

And for the record, he has virtually the exact same stats as Miller this season.

yeah, whats htis hyper paranoia about brodeur? what does the regular season mean come playoffs? i ask again: what does the regular season mean come playofss? thats right: nothing. remember 2001, we were slaughtered by philly all throughout the year and owned by cechmanek, philly had home ice advantage, and we beat the hell out of them. every game is a new game. if we play jersey the only thing it means for sure is we wont be able to wear our third jerseys on the road.

j

I hate to be so negative, but I think you're being premature. They seem to be getting their legs back, and the magic is definitely coming back... and maybe that's all you need... but I still see way too many defensive breakdowns, and except for Ryan's performance in Ottawa, the goaltending has been just so-so. If they can cut the turnovers to a reasonable amount and if they can get very good goaltending from Miller/Biron/Corsi/Crozier, this team can go far. If not, they look like one-and-doners. (Now we can debate what "one and done" means again.)

as I said 5 days ago, I think that we are solid now. The only thing is that the D needs to tighten up some, I'm sure that it will be addressed in the off season.

Jeff

Archived