Women's Frozen 4

Taro T

Well it's a rematch from the ECAC final. Prior to Clarkson winning in 2014, all the winners had been from the WHCA, so either way the ECAC gets it's 3rd title.

It's still way behind, but good for the league, and hopefully also for woman's collegiate hockey.

I do find it pretty funny that the coverage is on Big 10 network, and the 2 Big 10 associated schools were eliminated.

Last year they just showed the final, this year we got all of the frozen four. I think they signed a four year agreement.

I think the men's tournament will be on ESPN.

Anyways, Let's Go Tech!

Well it's a rematch from the ECAC final. Prior to Clarkson winning in 2014, all the winners had been from the WHCA, so either way the ECAC gets it's 3rd title.

It's still way behind, but good for the league, and hopefully also for woman's collegiate hockey.

I do find it pretty funny that the coverage is on Big 10 network, and the 2 Big 10 associated schools were eliminated.

Last year they just showed the final, this year we got all of the frozen four. I think they signed a four year agreement.

I think the men's tournament will be on ESPN.

Anyways, Let's Go Tech!

Yep, no overconfidence on the BTN producers' end AT ALL. :w00t: :w00t:

The men drew Providence on Friday (6:30 IIRC) and are on one of the ESPN Networks.

Let's Go, Tech! Defend your crown, ladies!

What a story it'll be when the men FINALLY end the streak of most NCAA tourneys w/out victory in a year that they have BOTH titles!

(Came so close to a gratuitous shot at the board's most recent home owner & resident RPI alum, but remembered karma's a b#### & thought better of it. ;) :lol:)

Elizabeth Giguere w/ the steal, breakaway, & finish!

1 national championship down; 1 to go!

2 in a row for the women!

Only Colgate's 3rd loss of the season. ALL 3 to Clarkson!

Awesome goal. Makes me feel real old though seeing JS Giguere's daughter scoring game winners in college. I grew up watching Jiggy. haha

The men definitely have a tough draw. I'm just happy they finally got back after 10 years. The ECAC final 4 was on some channel I'd never heard of before called Eleven Sports. It wasn't live, but I watched both games. They looked very uneven. The went down 4-1 to Harvard on Friday only to score 3 goals in 4 minutes in the 3rd period. Then they scored super late in the final against Princeton, only to lose in overtime. The win against Harvard was enough to lock-up an at-large bit.

Back on topic, there was a pretty good article on the Clarkson woman on USCHO yesterday: http://www.uscho.com/2018/03/18/nothing-comes-easily-for-womens-hockeys-latest-dynasty/

Oh and if anyone didn't see the goal: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22825585

Elizabeth Giguere is only a freshman too. I think their entire top line is back next year. Gabel is a junior and Michaela Pejzlova is a sophomore.

Clarkson has a really tough road ahead next year losing 2 of their All-American team (http://ahcahockey.com/allamer/2018.php) players in Tiley and Harmon. Gabel is a Junior though.

They may have to rely more on scoring next year to win games. I have no idea what their goal tending will look like next season, and Harmon provided a lot of points to go with her really solid defensive play.

I wonder if Harmon will make the woman's team next Olympics.  I'm hoping she plays for the NWHL next year. She was drafted by the Beauts. Then again last year's Captain (Caley Mercer) was too, and she entered the CWHL and is playing for a Chinese Team in that league instead.

Awesome goal. Makes me feel real old though seeing JS Giguere's daughter scoring game winners in college. I grew up watching Jiggy. haha

During the broadcast, the announcers said she wasn't related to JS Giguere. For whatever that's worth.

The men definitely have a tough draw. I'm just happy they finally got back after 10 years. The ECAC final 4 was on some channel I'd never heard of before called Eleven Sports. It wasn't live, but I watched both games. They looked very uneven. The went down 4-1 to Harvard on Friday only to score 3 goals in 4 minutes in the 3rd period. Then they scored super late in the final against Princeton, only to lose in overtime. The win against Harvard was enough to lock-up an at-large bit.

Back on topic, there was a pretty good article on the Clarkson woman on USCHO yesterday: http://www.uscho.com/2018/03/18/nothing-comes-easily-for-womens-hockeys-latest-dynasty/

Oh and if anyone didn't see the goal: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22825585

Elizabeth Giguere is only a freshman too. I think their entire top line is back next year. Gabel is a junior and Michaela Pejzlova is a sophomore.

Clarkson has a really tough road ahead next year losing 2 of their All-American team (http://ahcahockey.com/allamer/2018.php) players in Tiley and Harmon. Gabel is a Junior though.

They may have to rely more on scoring next year to win games. I have no idea what their goal tending will look like next season, and Harmon provided a lot of points to go with her really solid defensive play.

I wonder if Harmon will make the woman's team next Olympics.  I'm hoping she plays for the NWHL next year. She was drafted by the Beauts. Then again last year's Captain (Caley Mercer) was too, and she entered the CWHL and is playing for a Chinese Team in that league instead.

Tiley graduating will create a huge hole to fill. The only goal she gave up in the Frozen 4 was a backdoor 1 timer that she nearly got to. Would be very surprised if they'll be able to rely on 2 goals being a near guarantee of a W next season.

Though it's possible. All the goalies in the Frozen 4 were nearly unbeatable. Cornell is strong in net as well. So maybe the training, athleticism, intelligence, & flexibility of the goalies have them at a distinct advantage over the shooters? Don't watch enough women's hockey to say. If the goaltending across the board is that dominant, maybe Clarkson can replace Tiley w/out too much of a step back.

I would watch more Woman's hockey if it was easier to watch. Or at least Clarkson Woman's hockey. I graduated in 2004, so I just missed out on them having a team. I always feel bad they seems to have a much smaller crowd than the men despite the fact that they are the far better team, especially the last 5 years.

They had a decent sized pep band in Minneapolis, but it sounded the pep band that went to support the men's team in Lake Placid was bigger. To be fair though it's probalby way cheaper/easier to go to Placid from Potsdam.

I feel like the woman's game was gotten a lot more exciting the last few years. In the Olympics it usually comes down to US and Canada, but the Finns have a decent team now as well. One of Clarkson's top scorers is from the Czech Republic.

Professionally first you had the NWHL paying its players and now the older/more established CWHL is now paying its players.

I do know that for the first round of the NCAA tournament, Clarkson's website had a free stream of the game. It looks like it's maybe the same feed they run on the closed circuit campus TV station. The audio was the radio commentator I think.

I need to see if that's available for all the games, or if they made a special exception for the NCAA tournament. Typically I just follow them via the Watertown news and UHCHO website.

On the men's side, ECAC doesn't seem to be shown nationally. At best NESN shows a few games for like Harvard or Brown.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.