Why would they start a goalie coming off the flu back to back

SCBILLFAN1

I watched the first period last night and I could tell the Lehner was struggling. He had little movement and basically just tried to make a centered wall.

How could Blysma put him in back to back games after recuperating from the flu?  Just a dumb move that cost the team big.

Edited by SCBILLFAN1

Lehner was sick again?  I didn't know why they were sitting him out - thought it was just because Nilsson was perceived to be on a hot streak?    That guy seems to be sick or hurt half the season;  wasn't he out due to illness earlier this season too?  

Lehner was sick again?  I didn't know why they were sitting him out - thought it was just because Nilsson was perceived to be on a hot streak?    That guy seems to be sick or hurt half the season;  wasn't he out due to illness earlier this season too?  

Tweaked his hip and sat out two games earlier this season. The flu cost him three. 

I agree with the OP that it made no sense to start Lehner on the second half of the back to back given how well Nilsson has played...and the fact the guy just got over the flu. 

Given how many back to backs the team has coming up I hope Bylsma gets a clue on this topic. 

Also, I don't think the flu qualifies as part of an 'injury prone' label on Lehner...

Flu season is upon us. Two bugs out there. Stomach one and the other more sore throat achey and sinus. The later causing lots of Pneumonia. Our ER is loaded with coughing and puking sick people. Fun for all hope they get better.

Edited by North Buffalo

I don't think it was the flu per se (since I got my flu shot, and it really wasn't a *severe* illness), but I had 3+ week cold in December.  I think I took one day off hoping I could sleep it off but that didn't work.  My doctor finally prescribed antibiotics (kind of a marginal move, but I rarely get them), and after the 10 day course I finally felt better.

I don't think it was the flu per se (since I got my flu shot, and it really wasn't a *severe* illness), but I had 3+ week cold in December. I think I took one day off hoping I could sleep it off but that didn't work. My doctor finally prescribed antibiotics (kind of a marginal move, but I rarely get them), and after the 10 day course I finally felt better.

Just hit me going to Dr tomorrow... everyone around me has had it... i was doomed... this sucks.

pS it is the flu, 2 versions out there...

Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.