Sweet '16: Benedict Division voting

PASabreFan

What is your choice in the Benedict Division?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What is your choice in the Benedict Division?

• Kane power play goal against Avs
    • Eichel wraparound goal
    • Eichel rush goal
    • Eichel top shelf goal

January 20
at Avalanche

McGinn. Ristolainen. O'Reilly. Eichel. Kane. Red light. All five Sabres on the power play touch the puck in quick succession, looking like a Soviet Red Army juggernaut. (1:27 in video)

January 26
at Senators

Jack Eichel skates his beaver tail off down the right side of the ice and tucks the puck inside the far post for a counterclockwise curly cue thing of beauty.

Edited by PASabreFan

February 14
Avalanche

Jack Eichel picks up the puck above the faceoff circle in Hamburg and doesn't stop until he scores from the left dot on Grand Island, almost coast to coast.

December 27
at Wings

Jack Eichel (who else?!) excuses himself past Thomas Vanek and stuffs the burrito under the bar, prompting Wings color commentator Mickey Redmond to say a mouthful: "Oh my God!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ee4Qdp0nko Edited by PASabreFan

This one is touuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. 

I think the Ottawa wrap-around might jump into the lead for me. Jared Cowen isn't good, but he's 6-5 and 230 lbs. Jack shrugs at him like a curtain that he's passing through carrying a tray of drinks out to his family on the back porch, a Red Sox cap shielding his eyes from a late-August sunset.

The "checking" on the Detroit goal reminds me of how Vanek used to play defense, for some reason.

The Colorado Eichel goal was beautiful, and I still think Bailey was offsides. Edit: Nope, it was good. Huh.

That game in denver was miserable.

I'm taking Ottawa.

Edit: Look at the play Zemgus makes on Karlsson, no less, right before Jack stuffs it home. EK makes the poke check if Zemgus doesn't tie him up.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Edit: Look at the play Zemgus makes on Karlsson, no less, right before Jack stuffs it home. EK makes the poke check if Zemgus doesn't tie him up.

I've always loved that part of the play. As amazing as Jack's move was, that goal doesn't happen without Zemgus' tie up. An assist that won't go down in the box score, but one I'll remember.