Murray and Bylmsa: how long will they stay together?

dudacek

Agree, be more entertaining

The thing that has drove me nuts is lack of bodies in front of the net, and the parimeter game the forwards are playing.

What evidence do you have to support this? Dan's coaching the same way he did when he first implemented his system in Pittsburgh, following the cup run in 2009.

I don't have any evidence, or fancy numbers. The scheme he had to open the season was predicated upon who he had in the lineup. Now he has everyone back, they are slowly trying to implement the orginal system. Just my take, not saying it is right. Edited by DirtDart

The thing that has drove me nuts is lack of bodies in front of the net, and the parimeter game the forwards are playing.

I don't have any evidence, or fancy numbers. The scheme he had to open the season was predicated upon who he had in the lineup. Now he has everyone back, they are slowly trying to implement the orginal system. Just my take, not saying it is right.

Gotcha. I think early in the season we were seeing a more extreme version of what he does generally. He "loosened up" a bit when players got back, but I still see them doing the same things. 

A Sabres fan on hfboards went to the Penguins board a few weeks ago to ask them about Dan Bylsma, and every single thing they had to say about Dan has been echoed on this board this and last season, it really seems like he's the same guy and "talked the talk but didn't walk the walk" regarding his time out of the NHL two years ago changing the way he sees and coaches the game.

It is a results based business. If I were the owner I would ask the GM, "Where are the results?"

Tim Murray has a lot of people who defend him, but considering all the assets at his disposal when he arrived, what has he really accomplished? Frankly, not much.

It remains to be seen, but I believe history will show his time as Buffalo GM will end as a failure.

I don't see that as being the case. I still expect us to be better than last year at seasons end. I stated this before in another thread, this is a re-beuild, if anyone truly thought we woukd make a serious deep push this year they are nuts.

Now, I know the scoring issues among other things that have been pointed out are concerning, but the season isn't over yet, and we will still be an improved team. We need a few more pieces forward wise which I do not believe we have in the system now.

I don't see that as being the case. I still expect us to be better than last year at seasons end. I stated this before in another thread, this is a re-beuild, if anyone truly thought we woukd make a serious deep push this year they are nuts.

Now, I know the scoring issues among other things that have been pointed out are concerning, but the season isn't over yet, and we will still be an improved team. We need a few more pieces forward wise which I do not believe we have in the system now.

There's plenty of room between where we are and a deep playoff push. I don't expect them to be world beaters, but I expect us to outscore the trap queens in the Garden State and I expect Lehner to make SOME damn stops in the shootout. If he can't stop at least half of the shots attempted they need to bring in a new goalie coach who can help that lovable psycho get his head on straight and if that doesn't work he needs to ride the pine for all shootouts. In our conference, half of the teams make the playoffs and we're not even able to sniff the #8 seed.

Most people aren't upset because they want us to be contenders as of yesterday, they're upset because it feels like this team is spinning its wheels rather than making any progress. 81 points in 82 games last year and 34 points in 34 games this year, so I guess we're on pace to get 82 points this year. Progress. I want DB fired now, but I'm not holding my breath or expecting it anytime soon. I'm guessing we keep him all season even though he sucks and we finish with 86 points while Murray and DB will just pat themselves on the f'n back. The whole "grind these down" feels more like what he's doing to the fans rather than our opponents.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.