I Don't Know How Anyone Could Be upset With The Moves

CallawaySabres

No worries. We all get crotchety from time to time. Hell I have a freaking Eichel-corn as my avatar since Hodgson got bought out.

Players that are viewed as "elite" (and you can argue whether he is or not, but he did play on Canada's stacked World Championship team) are not often available. When they are available, you do whatever you can to acquire them, then you worry about how to make them fit later. IMO, GMTM was able to do so with both Kane and O'Reilly. You win championships by having high end talent far more often than you do having a bunch of second tier talents. You only get 5 skaters on the ice at a time, and come playoff time I want my best 5 skaters to be more talented than the other team, not hoping #'s 6-15 can beat the other team.

This is why I personally am excited for the addition of RoR, Kane, Eichel et al. the way the team is projecting, we will have some top end talent to trot out there when the going gets tough and you need that late goal down one. Think the Toews play against us late in the season.

All the picks we traded, and Zadorov, Grigo etc have the potential to maybe be those kinds of players if they hit their ceilings, but O'Reilly is already that kind of player.

I agree and I'm looking forward to the upcoming season and I should probably not get so wound up about where people are being slotted. The righty/lefty thing is a bit of a focus for me and I probably need to let it go somewhat. Centers were so hard for us to come by in recent years and now we've gone from none to chock full of talented ones with plenty to spare. Better days are definitely ahead and the two years of abysmal play that landed us Eichel and Reinhart are officially in the review mirror.

I agree and I'm looking forward to the upcoming season and I should probably not get so wound up about where people are being slotted. The righty/lefty thing is a bit of a focus for me and I probably need to let it go somewhat. Centers were so hard for us to come by in recent years and now we've gone from none to chock full of talented ones with plenty to spare. Better days are definitely ahead and the two years of abysmal play that landed us Eichel and Reinhart are officially in the review mirror.

Yeah that seems to be going around a lot these days regarding the handed-ness argument. In the end they are hockey players and if there is chemistry everything will be fine no matter the position. There are pros and cons to playing the 'off wing', you are weaker along the boards but can get one-timers off faster.

To me it is more about meshing playing styles and skating ability than anything else. Similar speed players should be on the same line to prevent offsides and neutering one players speed waiting for his linemates.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.