2015 - 2016 Sabres Prospects

MBHockey13

I saw there was a 2014 - 2015 thread, but it seems kind of late for that.

Anyway, here you go:

http://themackreport.com/news/hampus-gustafsson-invited-to-buffalo-sabres-development-camp/

Hampus Gustafsson Invited to Buffalo Sabres Development Camp

h.gustafsson_00472-e1432304206131-620x39

Merrimack College center Hampus Gustafsson has been invited to the Buffalo Sabres prospect development camp this coming summer, according to a tweet by the Amarillo Bulls, where Gustafsson played junior hockey prior to joining the Merrimack roster.

Gustafsson, who participated in the Detroit Red Wings development camp in 2014, finished second on the Warriors in scoring this past season, posting 25 points (11 goals, 14 assists) in 38 games.

Gustafsson more than doubled his point production from his freshman season, when he tallied 10 points (4 goals, 6 assists) in 33 games. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound center was also one of best faceoff players in the nation.

For the record, I found two other guys named "Hampus Gustafsson" in Elite Prospects, but this is the Merrimack College guy.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=35336

He has won awards just based on his skill on faceoffs.

Edited by MBHockey13

Vlad always does this thread after the draft. He messaged me a few days ago asking that I start one and I planned to do it after the draft with a similar informative format that he did.

But we can just roll with this thread. When is development camp? Anybody know?

Vlad always does this thread after the draft. He messaged me a few days ago asking that I start one and I planned to do it after the draft with a similar informative format that he did.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I just didn't know where to put this.

That's how I found out about this guy - I'm trying to find out when they are holding development camp this year. I happened to be in Buffalo last year and attended the 3 on 3 tournament and had a blast. I'd like to be able to plan another trip around this year - especially with Jack Eichel being there.

I remember the guy who stood out to me the most, after Grigorenko, was Brendan Lemieux. He seemed to get in a fight with the coaches and kept working on his game when everyone else was celebrating the team that won. At the time, I felt like it showed "compete" and a will to win, but looking back, maybe he's just a jerk.

Believe it or not, Max Willman is also someone I remember.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I just didn't know where to put this.

That's how I found out about this guy - I'm trying to find out when they are holding development camp this year. I happened to be in Buffalo last year and attended the 3 on 3 tournament and had a blast. I'd like to be able to plan another trip around this year - especially with Jack Eichel being there.

I remember the guy who stood out to me the most, after Grigorenko, was Brendan Lemieux. He seemed to get in a fight with the coaches and kept working on his game when everyone else was celebrating the team that won. At the time, I felt like it showed "compete" and a will to win, but looking back, maybe he's just a jerk.

Believe it or not, Max Willman is also someone I remember.

You're not stepping on any toes. I just noted that because the best part of the prospects thread is normally Vlad's list and ranking to kick it all off. It can still be put together.

On Willman: I do remember quite a few saying they noticed him last year.

I think last year was in mid-July.  I would expect something similar this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.