RIP Mr Wilson

That Aud Smell

I think it would be removed to federal court in a nanosecond because any buyer who wanted to move the team would use an out-of-state corporation.

I'm thinking about "can't go dark" provisions in shopping mall leases, and breaches of those are remedied with money damages.

How are the damages calculated? I imagine 5 years of the bills presence in Erie County has upwards of $500M of economic impact. Or is it just the potential lost tax revenue. In other words would it be damages to the Erie County Government, or damages to the People of Erie County?

How are the damages calculated? I imagine 5 years of the bills presence in Erie County has upwards of $500M of economic impact. Or is it just the potential lost tax revenue. In other words would it be damages to the Erie County Government, or damages to the People of Erie County?

I'm not sure I understand your question. The damage award will not be calculated; that is what a liquidated damages provision is for (it's an acknowledgement that breaching a contract will result in a certain amount of loss.)

Citizens aren't getting checks, if that's where you're headed. Any award would go to the Erie County Stadium Corporation.

I hope I answered it, but if not, let me know.

I'm not sure I understand your question. The damage award will not be calculated; that is what a liquidated damages provision is for (it's an acknowledgement that breaching a contract will result in a certain amount of loss.)

Citizens aren't getting checks, if that's where you're headed. Any award would go to the Erie County Stadium Corporation.

I hope I answered it, but if not, let me know.

Yes, that first part clears it up. The damages are preset.

@JeffRussoWKBW

A public remembrance for #Bills owner Ralph Wilson is set for Saturday April 5th.

#Bills celebration and remembrance of owner Ralph Wilson set for Sat. April 5 1-4 at the Bills Fieldhouse.

#Bills Fans and the public are invited. The celebration of Mr. Wilson will include exhibits and memorabilia.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Fan-celebration-and-remembrance-of-Ralph-C-Wilson-Jr-planned-for-April-5/2b342459-ccc1-4f85-8450-b85d5831669c?campaign=tw_buf_article

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.