Round Seven - Pick #193 - D Brady Austin

nobody

Sabres select 6'4, 230-pound D Brady Austin from Belleville (OHL) with pick #193.

Only 1 pick to go, if it isn't for a winger, I'm pretty sure that would be a 1st - the Sabres not choosing one wing in an entire draft.

And if it isn't for a midget it'll be another 1st - the Sabres ONLY grabbing players that are all at least 6' tall. At a minimum, in 2 years Ra-cha-cha will be bigger.

Only 1 pick to go, if it isn't for a winger, I'm pretty sure that would be a 1st - the Sabres not choosing one wing in an entire draft.

And if it isn't for a midget it'll be another 1st - the Sabres ONLY grabbing players that are all at least 6' tall. At a minimum, in 2 years Ra-cha-cha will be bigger.

I read this and the first thought that came to mind is that the NHL is going back to calling the game as they did the two years after the lockout and the game will be dominated by smaller skilled forwards.

I read this and the first thought that came to mind is that the NHL is going back to calling the game as they did the two years after the lockout and the game will be dominated by smaller skilled forwards.

I'll take my chances w/ size being more important moving forward.

But that would be the proverbial kick in the shorts we're getting used to.

DEVINE SAYS: “Austin is a defensive defenseman. He went through the draft last year, mainly because they had him playing forward a lot in Erie. This year he was a little more comfortable playing for a good coach in Belleville. We think he’s got a chance because of his size; he played tougher this year.”

Archived