Not a bad game

Rabbit151

I thought the Sabres were the better team. The Hurricanes capitalized on their chances, and even non-chances ( like the Stillman goal ). I like the way Tallinder plays, but he does make the occasional blunder. He had that puck but didn't expect Stillman to lash at it.

The Sabres hit, what, 4 posts? Did they review that 4th goal? I thought it looked close to a high-stick.

I liked Novotny, and I think Kotalik is really improving.

Pyatt, Gaustad and Pominville had some excellent, excellent shifts. Pyatt could work well on a line like that.

Big kudos to you fans though!! I watched that game on TV and it sent chills up my spine when the 3rd Sabre goal was scored. That gives the team a big lift. I really thought the Sabres were the team who should have won. Too bad.

Oh ya, the Roy, Vanek, Afinogenov line looked good again. The only problem is foolish turn-overs. Too many passes get intercepted in bad areas of the ice. Once the opponent gets that line in their own end, their whole shift is wasted defending. The worst turn-over they make is when they dipsy-doodle on the half-wall and either lose it straight out or attempt to pass it back to the point and it's intercepted.

They need to realize when the play isn't there and that it's better to dump it in the corner and keep the puck in the opponents zone. Besides, that line very often wins the puck back from the opponent before they get it out of the zone.

Good post, Rabbit. I don't think the 4th goal was a high-stick. The puck was right next to Miller's glove when he hit it. If Tallinder was going to take a penalty, he should've really taken the guy out; not leave him free to whack that puck.

The worst turn-over they make is when they dipsy-doodle on the half-wall and either lose it straight out or attempt to pass it back to the point and it's intercepted.

I agree. Sometimes they get too cute with the puck which leads to odd man rushes the other way. Speaking of odd man rushes, it drives me absolutely insane when we get one and don't get a shot on net. At least make the guy make a save.

I'm not too concerned though. They were due for a slump and, like I've seen others mention elsewhere on this board, I'm glad it's happening now instead of the playoffs. They showed in the third period last night how good they can be. Let's just hope they can start doing it for 60 minutes again.

Archived