FolignosJock

The one time I was there, I sat in the corner of the lower bowl. The fans there were pretty much entirely STHers and were very knowledgeable and reasonably loud. (Far louder than I'd expected going in.) Saw the Kings play the Stars and the fans I was sitting with liked Dallas as little as I did. It was a good time. And the corners of the lower bowl would be where I'd recommend getting tix if you're going.

Except for all the seats being purple and the 2 extra levels of suites, the bowl itself is very similar to the Mmarena and it probably explains why the walls at the Mmarena seem to stretch up about 30 ft higher than they need to.

Yeah, that's definitely an upside for the Kings- the fans who actually go to games regularly are the ones that have been going since Gretzky. Plus, season tickets are relatively inexpensive compared to the face value on tickets, which is another reason tickets are easy to find on the cheap(er). Both the Staples Center and FNC are "small footprint" arenas; they had to be compact due to their surroundings, so I'm not surprised they have some similarity. That said, those extra layers of suites really diminish the upper balcony, compared to FNC, where I think there isn't really a bad seat. Also, I think the FNC's front atrium is a great way to enter a game.

That's rich. LOL

They have not given away anything like that since that game. Now the only thing you can throw are bobbleheads.

Considering what they are made of, they would probably just decompose in the Raleigh heat and humidity.

Don't forget, they have free pint glass giveaways when there's 10,000+ visiting fans in attendance. It's all part of their master plan.

With that said, I enjoy going to the RBC Center for Sabres games. We always sit in section 314. get tickets off the ticket exchange website. From our vantage point, there's always good sight lines. I really have nothing to complain about the arena except for the lack of a main lobby area. A bunch of scattered entrances and exits around the building rather than one main area as with the FNC.

I agree with WeeHawks review, the RBC/PNC is a decent run of the mill modern NHL arena. It's not unlike FNC except for one notable exception; the roof is way lower which I contend adds to the noise and atmosphere. I've sat in every section of that arena, 100, 200 club level, 300, suites and the champions club. The champions club is awesome with great food and your choice of tables, comfy seats or even standing to watch the game. Ironically, the Champions club is also where I encountered the most trouble with Canes fans.

A few criticisms of the game experience that is not Sabres game specific:

The Ric Flair scoreboard goal celebration WOO WOO is beyond gay, I would think even Canes fans have to be tired of that at this point.

I know this is something that the majority of Canes fans don't even like, there is a small but vocal minority of fans who like to incorporate players names and symbolism into the national anthem. "Oh say can JUSSI" "rockets RED glare" and there is another one that I forget right now. Very disrespectful IMO.

Archived