Brad Boyes?

deluca67

Don't know that I see Reasoner as a 2nd line center. Unless you were thinking more like 2nd tier center out of the FA group. Hecht has better offensive numbers generally than Reasoner does.

Assuming the RFA wingers are signed we'll have 3 RW's and 4 LW's that are suitable for a scoring line. Unless one or more are traded I think Hecht moves to C out of necessity. We would have Vanek, Ennis, Gerbe as scoring LW's and Stafford, Boyes, Pomminstein as scoring RW's. Roy, X, and Hecht as top 3 centers. I could live with that if X = the #1 center we've all been craving.

Good stuff....(I didn't mean 2nd line as much as I meant not first line). I would think Reasoner would give depth and flexiblity, and having someone that can play all units, wing, and win defensive zone face-offs never hurts. I think he could come at a bargain price.

Somemore Regier Deadline magic!

He has been a complete BUST. Sure he played a few good games to get everyone to believe the hype Regier gave about him (Drafted high, goal scorer who just needed a change of scenery), but he is now showing more then ever why St. louis had no problems letting him go.

Regier even said he was brought in to help score goals for the playoffs, and he hasn't done that. i would be looking to cut ties with him this offseason, they have enough floater/dead weight, why take up the cap space/roster spot?

Add him to the ever growing list of deadline deal "one hit wonders" Torres, Moore, Bernier, etc.

Somemore Regier Deadline magic!

He has been a complete BUST. Sure he played a few good games to get everyone to believe the hype Regier gave about him (Drafted high, goal scorer who just needed a change of scenery), but he is now showing more then ever why St. louis had no problems letting him go.

Regier even said he was brought in to help score goals for the playoffs, and he hasn't done that. i would be looking to cut ties with him this offseason, they have enough floater/dead weight, why take up the cap space/roster spot?

Add him to the ever growing list of deadline deal "one hit wonders" Torres, Moore, Bernier, etc.

Honestly...it sounds pretty fickle to me.

I don't think Buffalo makes the postseason without him. (which makes him a qualified success)

Most of his shifts have been with checking assignments...and he's playing very responsibly defensively. Friday he was on a line with Grier and Mccormick and Sunday it looked like most of his shifts were with Ellis.

but you're entitled to your opinion I guess.....

im not one to jump on players and i hate to say it but boyes has actually de-elevated his game so far in the playoffs

during the regular season he was pretty good at battling and carrying the puck and being a presence around the goal. so far he has regressed at all those things in this round

guys game is definitely in a slump. hopefully he shows something different tonight, or at least gets the chance to next round

There's a lot of contracts that end this year on the Sabres:

RFA: Stafford, Gerbe, Mancari, Sekera, Butler, Weber, Gragnai & Enroth.

UFA: Connolly, Grier, Niedermayer, McCormick, Ellis, Montador, plus Parrish, Lalime & Stuart.

I would resign ALL of our RFAs and drop ALL the UFAs.

Archived