Vanek Gets an A

SabresFan526

I have not gone into last night's GDT, and I'm sure it is being talked about in the GDT, but I think it deserves its own separate thread, and I didn't see one on the message board to this point. I think it's pretty cool that Vanek now has an A on his chest. I think he is becoming more of a leader on this team and has really stepped up in place of Derek Roy. I have noticed that he has become a very good two-way player and works hard on the backcheck. He has also become more of a playmaker this year than I have seen in the past (that's including his 41 assists in the 2006-2007 season). He seems to have taken the next step in his development, and I think it's great for Vanek, the Sabres, and all of the fans.

I'm just glad he didn't get killed by that Tyler Myers headhunting blast last night that Pommer scored on. Dangerous!

Do you think somebody will eventually teach Myers how to shoot? He gets his shot on goal one time out of every eight chances and has no control over his slap shot. He does not belong on the power play.How many ofhis own players has he injured in the past two season?

Archived