What if the Sabres...

thesportsbuff

What if the Sabres don't make any big splash at the deadline, sneak into the playoffs and go on to win the Stanley Cup? Does Pegula get the credit, even though he took over 3/4 through the season and didn't make any immediate changes? Does it ruin his dream of being the guy to bring Buffalo a cup, since it would essentially be Golisano's team that won? Does Golisano show up to the parade and get his fair share of recognition for the team he allowed Darcy to build?

Food for thought.

What if the Sabres don't make any big splash at the deadline, sneak into the playoffs and go on to win the Stanley Cup? Does Pegula get the credit, even though he took over 3/4 through the season and didn't make any immediate changes? Does it ruin his dream of being the guy to bring Buffalo a cup, since it would essentially be Golisano's team that won? Does Golisano show up to the parade and get his fair share of recognition for the team he allowed Darcy to build?

Food for thought.

Yes!

Food for thought.

Pegula would get much credit for energizing the team, but Ruff and Regier would get a lot of credit for sticking with their guys and winning a title by building their own team.

Pegula would get much credit for energizing the team, but Ruff and Regier would get a lot of credit for sticking with their guys and winning a title by building their own team.

I donno that I buy that. Despite eventually beating a freefalling Atlanta team, the Sabres came out pretty flat last night and didn't really show much energy in the first period. Just my opinion I guess, but I expected them to come out flying. What I saw was a pretty boring first period and the same team we've seen play the last several games before our mini losing streak.

Pegula definitely has the fans excited, IDK that it really has any bearing on how the team plays.

I donno that I buy that. Despite eventually beating a freefalling Atlanta team, the Sabres came out pretty flat last night and didn't really show much energy in the first period. Just my opinion I guess, but I expected them to come out flying. What I saw was a pretty boring first period and the same team we've seen play the last several games before our mini losing streak.

Pegula definitely has the fans excited, IDK that it really has any bearing on how the team plays.

I dont know how boring they'd be if they got into the playoffs and went onto winning the cup, as your original post suggests....

I dont know how boring they'd be if they got into the playoffs and went onto winning the cup, as your original post suggests....

huh?? i'm not saying anybody is boring. it was just a boring first period until Myers scored. there was no extra spring in their step or any extra enthusiasm in their game, even after Pegula and the French Connection had their pre-game ceremony. I just don't believe that Pegula taking over and being there really effected their play at all. and if they were to go on and win the cup without Pegula making any moves, it'd be hard for me to credit him with any sort of impact. And out the window goes all the hoo-ha about Pegula being the man to bring Buffalo their first Stanley Cup.

huh?? i'm not saying anybody is boring. it was just a boring first period until Myers scored. there was no extra spring in their step or any extra enthusiasm in their game, even after Pegula and the French Connection had their pre-game ceremony. I just don't believe that Pegula taking over and being there really effected their play at all. and if they were to go on and win the cup without Pegula making any moves, it'd be hard for me to credit him with any sort of impact. And out the window goes all the hoo-ha about Pegula being the man to bring Buffalo their first Stanley Cup.

Actually, it seems to me that home teams typically don't come out gangbusters when there's some sort of ceremony prior to the game, primarily because they have to stand on the bench for the whole ceremony and the visiting team can stay in their dressing room through most of it.

Don't have any evidence to corroborate that, nor do I know for certain that Atlanta didn't stand around to watch the whole thing as well (DVR is on the fritz :censored: ); but that's my take and I'm stickin' w/ it.

Archived