[OT] Streaming Audio

SwampD

Hockey has been angrying up the blood lately so I thought a little diversion would be nice.

Lately I've been listening to AOL Radio. Jam Bands and Jazz Fusion are in my favorites and, for the most part, play stuff I like, but like everything they can be downright awful at times. There are commercials but it's free. I also listen to iTunes radio but some of the quality is bad. I was just curious where people get there music from online when they are listening.

Everyone knows Pandora is good for radio..... used the Big Band / Swing station as background music while studying a lot ;)

www.grooveshark.com is awesome. Sign up for a free account, and you just search for songs/albums/artists, and you can make your own playlists and save them and whatnot. It's kind of like iTunes, but it's online and you have access to everyone's music. There are some other features I haven't gotten the time to investigate.

A few cons to grooveshark: You need to have internet access, every now and then the site doesn't load, sometimes certain songs can't load, and often some slightly obscure artists cannot be found.

Archived