2-48; 10.4%; 11%

PASabreFan

2-48 the last two elimination series -- 0-19 vs. Boston and 2-29 vs. Ottawa in '07.

In all elimination rounds under Ruff, the Sabres are 20-192 on the power play. That's 10.4%. (Sabres were 2-33 against Washington in 98, and 0-6 in Game 6 in Buffalo.)

If you look at all elimination games, they are 3-27, or 11%.

Opponents are 19.9% on the power play in elimination rounds.

And so it goes. It's not just that Lindy sucks at coaching the power play. It's that he seems very insecure about bringing in a strong assistant to take it over, in the face of the obvious. He's dumb, stubborn and unwilling to pull the trigger. Where have we seen that before?

2-48 the last two elimination series -- 0-19 vs. Boston and 2-29 vs. Ottawa in '07.

In all elimination rounds under Ruff, the Sabres are 20-192 on the power play. That's 10.4%. (Sabres were 2-33 against Washington in 98, and 0-6 in Game 6 in Buffalo.)

If you look at all elimination games, they are 3-27, or 11%.

Opponents are 19.9% on the power play in elimination rounds.

And so it goes. It's not just that Lindy sucks at coaching the power play. It's that he seems very insecure about bringing in a strong assistant to take it over, in the face of the obvious. He's dumb, stubborn and unwilling to pull the trigger. Where have we seen that before?

I'm inclined to agree, others may disagree.

What is not debatable however, is that while Ruff may not be the problem concerning our horrendous PP, he definitely isn't the answer either. IMHO, he's the problem though.

Personally, I think the PP is just the tip of the iceberg. I hate the "collapse down low, put no pressure on the point-men" system. I'm equally sick of how our so-called stars get a free pass for disappearing, not only in the regular season, but apparently in the playoffs as well, and Ruff keeps sitting his whipping boys rather than the no-shows.

It's time for some change around these parts, starting with Regier, Ruff and two or three of the "the core".

*edit

People keep talking about how "the core" just don't feel like playing, and how Gerbe, Kennedy and Ennis are completely different players with their work ethic.

To those people I can only say : Go watch a game from 2005-2006 and tell me how Derek Roy and Jason Pominville look in terms of hustle, and then compare it to how they look now. Same can be said about Stafford. '

I fear we'll be having the same conversation about Gerbe, Myers and Ennis two years from now if Ruff stays,

Archived