Not built for the playoffs

Bob Goulet

The Bruins look faster to me and they seem to hit much harder. Even Kaleta is just bouncing off guys when he tries to make a hit.

I'm not getting too down. This club is not a threat to win the cup this year. I'm just trying to enjoy being in the playoffs and not being too stressed out. I think next season is the one when we really make a serious run.

I feel the same exact way.

We'll see what happens next year. But if its more "from within" garbage in the "off", then my hopes wont be so high for a run next spring.

Sabres finally got their Defense up to snuff, now it needs to find some balance with the tough guys who can skate. They are all playing soft except Mair, Ellis and Kaleta. At least undersized Kennedy gives the effort even though physically he is overmatched. Couldn't believe how poorly Connolly skated, Gaustad disappeared for long periods of time. wrist still appears to be bothering him, he won't engage, Hecht physicality and Vanek's before he got hurt. And Stafford just sucks. Get rid of him and one of the other mighty mights, bring up Luke Adam and Zach Kassian and I still like the physicality and goal scoring ability of Marc-Andre Gragnani. At this point they may be able to bring all these guys up soon. Looks like Portland is about to lose its series. If Boston wins the next one, the Sabres should.

There are two many quys that are walking wounded and playing like they don't even want to be on the ice. Sabres need to grow a pair. I am embarrassed.

This team needs to be blown up! It's ridiculous, i really like a lot of our players but most play without any heart. Good grief the players playing with the most heart are players that are more role players like Kaleta, Mair, Ellis, Kennedy and Grier. At least one of our important players stepped up, Myers has gotten real nasty in the Playoffs. Miller has been very good but not dominant. Roy, Connelly, Gaustad, Pommer have pretty much disappeared. They need heart and leadership and consistent scoring players.

The same can be said about its fans.

Maybe your right, but honestly do you really think this soft team that lacks size and leadership can actually win the cup? Many have had concerns for the past few seasons that this team is just not up to par with the other teams truly contending for the cup.

Maybe your right, but honestly do you really think this soft team that lacks size and leadership can actually win the cup? Many have had concerns for the past few seasons that this team is just not up to par with the other teams truly contending for the cup.

And the intensity of these playoffs is bringing the flaws to surface tenfold. Its Regiers team here. Its his job to look at these other teams from the prior 2 seasons, and make the changes to the Sabres to get them into top tier contention.

Instead he sits back and waits for prospects to develop,slowly, to infuse them into "the core". And hey, that works if your big club meshes well and is a contender. Well the Sabres are still 2 or 3 pieces away from that status, and those voids are not going to be filled with prospects in my eyes. We need to address the issues through trading. And that is almost impossible, given what we have on the team. But we do have good prospects. Why not give some up and take this team to the next level?

Archived