Sens beat Habs in OT

Hawk

:censored: :censored: :censored:

I really hate them and that Idol skank too!!

I want to go to game Weds, but my record at attending Sens games is not very good. We do have 3 games at hand on them though. :thumbsup:

see here

You're right; it is definitely covered in the other thread

Well, maybe let's turn this into a Hockey Day in Canada thread, then. Really, one of my favorite days of the year. As I posted somewhere else, had I known that Stratford, Ont. was hosting enough in advance, I would be there right now.

I love the CBC coverage of small-town hockey culture. Look, I grew up here, in the Buffalo area (now I'm in the actual city), and hockey is part of the blood here. But seeing small Canadian town kids (the town is small, so are the kids) on a pond; seeing vids of guys who do shift work just to play hockey later; hearing interviews of hockey parents who drive kids all over the huge province to their games; that's awesome. And again, I know we have it here, but there, it's a national thing. Like Texas (fine by me if it becomes its own country) and football. And it's one day out of the year. I think it's a great celebration of the game we all love, and for Canadians, I think it's a great celebration of the country's culture. (It's even sponsored by Tim Horton's. So they've got hockey and doughnuts covered; that's two-thirds of Canadian culture--they're just missing the stripper element.)

Leaves just lost to the Canucks, 5-3. Edmonton and Calgary go in a couple of minutes in one of the best rivalries to come from the merger (and the move from Atlanta, despite Jim Craig's efforts).

Eh?

Archived