Phoenix Rumors

chileanseabass

take it for what it's worth (a grain of salt if you ask me) but here's an intriguing rumor i heard from a friend of mine in Phoenix.

Noronen, Campbell, and Pyatt for Morris and Comrie

EDIT: I see where this rumor is listed on Eklund's site as well. I don't know if he got it from there or not.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/blog.a...er=14&post=1516

I don't know the salary of Comrie, but that's a deal I wouldn't mind. You Buffalo folks probably don't see a lot of Comrie but he is a heck of a player, so is Morris, but he seems to be injury prone.

I like Comrie, but I've heard he has a bit of an attitude problem. Any truth to that?

Also, Morris's new contract is 3 years for $11.75 million.... that sounds a little high to me

I know he's from Edmonton and grew up idolizing Gretzky and company. The pressure of playing in Edmonton was too much for him and they shipped him out. Ostensibly it was one of those "I want more money than the GM is willing to give me things", which may be an attitude problem. It may have just been a way to get out of Edmonton.

I don't know how he's fit in in Phoenix. Does anyone ever fit in there though? They may be the new Hartford Whalers - nothing but a joke. (Nevermind that the Whalers are now the Canes, I think the stink of Hartford finally wore off that team). He's a very talented player. He has some of the trickiness of Connolly, the shiftiness and speed of Kariya and he's got the grit of a Stu Barnes. I like the kid as a player.

take it for what it's worth (a grain of salt if you ask me) but here's an intriguing rumor i heard from a friend of mine in Phoenix.

Noronen, Campbell, and Pyatt for Morris and Comrie

EDIT: I see where this rumor is listed on Eklund's site as well. I don't know if he got it from there or not.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/blog.a...er=14&post=1516

I wouldn't trade Campbell for Morris straight-up right now (especially with Morris' new contract) and I don't see how another Center (Comrie) improves our team. I don't see Darcy making that trade.

I know he's from Edmonton and grew up idolizing Gretzky and company. The pressure of playing in Edmonton was too much for him and they shipped him out. Ostensibly it was one of those "I want more money than the GM is willing to give me things", which may be an attitude problem. It may have just been a way to get out of Edmonton.

I don't know how he's fit in in Phoenix. Does anyone ever fit in there though? They may be the new Hartford Whalers - nothing but a joke. (Nevermind that the Whalers are now the Canes, I think the stink of Hartford finally wore off that team). He's a very talented player. He has some of the trickiness of Connolly, the shiftiness and speed of Kariya and he's got the grit of a Stu Barnes. I like the kid as a player.

That looks like a good deal to me. I think we would have to move another Center though. That would give us 6!

I wouldn't trade Campbell for Morris straight-up right now (especially with Morris' new contract) and I don't see how another Center (Comrie) improves our team. I don't see Darcy making that trade.

100% agreed. It is certainly an interesting rumor though

Archived