Tomorrow's game in the ATL

SarasotaSabre

any ex-pats going to the game tomorrow care to meet up beforehand somewhere close to Philips Arena ?

Just go to CNN Center, which is attached to Philips Arena. It has a big atrium with a food court and there will be a few ex-pats enjoying some 32 oz beers. There's also a bar/restaurant called Taco Mac that has almost every beer imaginable. You'll see plenty of Sabres jerseys in both places.

I will be there with some other MBA students from Emory. Myself and one other guy are ex-Pats and the other two are fans of Boston and the Rangers. I'll try to stop by and see if there are any SabreSpacers out there. I'll be the Indian guy wearing a Pat LaFontaine sweater (Still deciding if I should wear it as it has been bad luck for the Sabres in the past).

any ex-pats going to the game tomorrow care to meet up beforehand somewhere close to Philips Arena ?

BTW, The Hudson Grille Midtown is the official bar of the Bills and Sabres. When the Sabres come back to Atlanta in March, Ruff, Jeanneret, Regier and I think Harry Neale are coming to speak to the Buffalo fans that Monday before the game. March 15th is the event and March 16th is the game.

I will be there with some other MBA students from Emory. Myself and one other guy are ex-Pats and the other two are fans of Boston and the Rangers. I'll try to stop by and see if there are any SabreSpacers out there. I'll be the Indian guy wearing a Pat LaFontaine sweater (Still deciding if I should wear it as it has been bad luck for the Sabres in the past).

Just out of curiosity, when you say ex-Pats you mean expats, not ex-Patriots right?

very cool, has that event been confirmed?

BTW, The Hudson Grille Midtown is the official bar of the Bills and Sabres. When the Sabres come back to Atlanta in March, Ruff, Jeanneret, Regier and I think Harry Neale are coming to speak to the Buffalo fans that Monday before the game. March 15th is the event and March 16th is the game.

This trip is huge, HUGE! If they survive it with the nine or 10 points Ruff wants, they'll be the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs. Does everyone realize the Sabres' 11 losses are tied for second-fewest in the league? That's crazy good. I can't wait for tonight. Me and the wife are taking our 6-year-old son to his first NHL game in Philips Arena, where we'll wear our Sabres jerseys with pride and root for a big win. You would be amazed at how many Buffalo fans go to the games in Atlanta (I've been to all 18 we've played here). It's almost like a home game for us; sometimes there are nearly as many Sabres fans as Thrashers fans in Philips.

If Buffalo somehow finds a way to escape Atlanta, where it never plays well, with two points, watch out. We just might see something special out of this group.

I read this in the snooze is this you Buffaninatl.

excellent, thanks for the info..!

Yes. It is done through the Bills Backers of Atlanta. A lot of their announcements are posted on facebook, so if you're on fb, ask to friend "Billsbackers Atl" and you'll get info on upcoming events. They also have a website: http://www.billsbackersatl.com

Archived