Tyler Myers or Tavares Poll

tom webster

Great find, thanks for posting. I would also pick Myers because for the reasons they said in that story. It's harder to find a franchise defensmen especially with the offensive skillset that Myers comes with, then it is to find a #1 center.

Although, i have to admit, i was never high on Tavares coming out of juniors and thought Isles would have been more wise to pick Duchene then Tavares, however, i will say seeing him several times this season including last night, i was completely wrong. Tavares is a gamer. He's a leader and he's clutch. Last night on versus, Biron was run late in the game with the score 6-2 philly by Hartnell and Tavares without thinking got Biron's back. Nailed Hartnell with a cross check to knock him down and when he got up and nailed him with a punch. Nobody stood up for Tavares when he got cheap shot by Pronger, but Tavares stood up for his goalie even with the score lopsided.

Best thing for Isles is to keep losing and get as high of a pick as possible and hope for Taylor Hall. Hall and Tavares will be like Malkin and Sid in Pitt.

Archived