Let's throw some names out there....Recchi ?

Rabbit151

It seems probable that he will go somewhere. I know we could use a defenceman, Witt, Staios maybe. I've liked Witt for a long time, but I haven't seen him play this year- has he adjusted to the new rules alright?

I think the veteran presence of Recchi could really help. He's won the cup. He plays hard. He has tremendous respect around the league. He can still score and contribute. He knows that he'll be moving out of Pitt as a rental player and will be mature enough to fit in.

No worries about disrupting chemistry with this guy. I wouldn't mind adding him at all!!

What do you think? Any other names we should be looking at?

don't even sight that as an example. Philly has turned into the black-hole of play-off performances, well, I guess Primeau was good last year...

it seems in the last 5 or 6 years we've seen proven players go to Philly and absolutely disappear in the play-offs. I think Recchi will contribute in the Buff.

Regarding Mark Recchi: Are you kidding me? In what now looks like a distinct possibility, a source within the Flyers is telling me that a bidding war for Mark Recchi has ensued around the NHL and that the Flyers are readily in the mix. This baffles my mind and the vast contingent of Flyers fans would be outraged if Recchi is brought back into the fold. A known lockerroom cancer while he was on the Flyers, Recchi is best known for choking in the playoffs and running a coach out of town during his second stint with the team. During the Flyers Cup run in 03-04, Recchi flat-out stunk, registering a mere 6 points in 18 playoff contests. What would outrage Flyers` fans even more is the fact that the Flyers are prepared to give up Freddy Meyer and RJ Umberger in a deal that would net Recchi.

read this

Recchi is one of maybe a half dozen NHLers whom I hate so much I wouldn't want on my favorite team even if it improved their chances of winning the Cup (which I don't know if Recchi really would).

Derian Hatcher, Lindros, Tkachuk, Roenick...for all of them I'd have a hard time looking past the name on the back of the sweater to cheer for the logo on the front.

Regarding Mark Recchi: Are you kidding me? In what now looks like a distinct possibility, a source within the Flyers is telling me that a bidding war for Mark Recchi has ensued around the NHL and that the Flyers are readily in the mix. This baffles my mind and the vast contingent of Flyers fans would be outraged if Recchi is brought back into the fold. A known lockerroom cancer while he was on the Flyers, Recchi is best known for choking in the playoffs and running a coach out of town during his second stint with the team. During the Flyers Cup run in 03-04, Recchi flat-out stunk, registering a mere 6 points in 18 playoff contests. What would outrage Flyers` fans even more is the fact that the Flyers are prepared to give up Freddy Meyer and RJ Umberger in a deal that would net Recchi.

read this

Eklund's always realiable sources...very nice. Not a chance in hell Pittsburgh gets both of those guys for Recchi....but as always with Eklund's page, every player in the NHL is rumored to be going to the Flyers...they'll look very formidable when they add Barnaby, Avery, Recchi, Morris, Gauthier, Doan, Tjarnqvist, Walz, Boynton or Leetch and only have to give up their trash like Esche, Brashear, and some picks here and there. I guess the only other problem would be they'd have about 40 players on their roster.

read this

Didn't you get mad at people for posting things that weren't original ideas without citing the source? Isn't this just cut and paste from Eklund's site, without a link? Just checking.

Where did Recchi ever get the rep as a locker-room cancer? I've never heard that. Every player has certain coaches or team-mates where differences simply cannot be settled, but I've never heard of Recchi as a chronic dung-disturber.

All I've ever heard from analysts up here in Canada was that he was a well-respected guy around the league - maybe not Philly.

Archived