Pominville=Ray Sheppard

inkman

I have been trying to figure out who he reminds me of, and this is the only guy I could think of. Similar size, Pommer's a little better skater with a better shot but Sheppard was more about working around the net. Anyone else have a comparison for our rising star?

I thought the same thing inkman but sheppard is a little slower and is around the net more

I think pomie is still working on an identity though.

Never thought this guy would be this good hopefully he is here to stay.

I have had enough of Derek Plantes, Curtis Browns and Holzingers to last a life time

Pominville is definitely more rounded than Ray Sheppard ever was. The only comparison I can see being made is the amount of PP goals Sheppard had over his career and the amount of PP goals Pominville has this season. However, Sheppard was a junkman, and like Andreychuk, made himself a living parked in front of the net. Pominville has true sniper abilities (including a howitzer of a shot) which allow him to score from virtually anywhere on the ice.

Best comparison to an NHL player...maybe Brett Hull.

Maybe Pat Verbeek minus the edge and rodent-like facial features.

Thanks for making me chuckle. :lol:

Pominville is definitely more rounded than Ray Sheppard ever was. The only comparison I can see being made is the amount of PP goals Sheppard had over his career and the amount of PP goals Pominville has this season. However, Sheppard was a junkman, and like Andreychuk, made himself a living parked in front of the net. Pominville has true sniper abilities (including a howitzer of a shot) which allow him to score from virtually anywhere on the ice.

Best comparison to an NHL player...maybe Brett Hull.

You crazy...and maybe right. :unsure:

Archived